Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Blockchain.com’s data engineering team builds and owns the Blockchain Explorer and the infrastructure that supports the Blockchain Wallet. Together these products are used by millions of users.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to join our engineering team to build the next generation Blockchain Explorer and related Data Products. In this role you will be responsible for delivering the infrastructure and data pipelines to power future block explorers and crypto data aggregation products.
Our engineering teams are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution and shipping. As a senior software engineer you should lead by example - driving the technical discussions, influencing the approach and making a positive impact on the team's development by advocating the best engineering practices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and implement highly-available, fault-tolerant distributed applications interacting with the major cryptocurrency networks.
- Build the data services layer for an Alexa Top 1000 website.
- Work on an industry-leading product with millions of users.
- Be a part of a dedicated team committed to stability and robustness.
- Build reusable, modular libraries for use across Blockchain’s product line.
- Optimize existing systems for performance and scalability.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Experience building and launching cryptocurrency applications or infrastructure
- Good knowledge of the infrastructure and ecosystem of at least one major cryptocurrency — especially Ethereum or Bitcoin, but experience on any digital currency or blockchain project is welcome.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale websites.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- UK Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- US Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Resume and/or CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github or Stackoverflow.
- Personal websites or blogs (if applicable).
- Your favourite GIF.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.