Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for experienced software engineers from a variety of technical backgrounds with a proven track record in building low latency, scalable and highly performant systems.
Our engineering teams are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution and shipping. As a senior software engineer you should lead by example - driving the technical discussions, influencing the approach and making a positive impact on the team's development by advocating the best engineering practices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build low latency, scalable and highly performant services using the most appropriate languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, Kotlin) and tools (Kafka, Cassandra).
- Be a part of a dedicated engineering team committed to rapidly shipping, and iterating on products that directly impact millions of users.
- Be at the forefront of the cryptocurrency ecosystem building out a new set of financial services, systems and architecture.
- Gain exposure to an array of open-source technologies such as Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Ensure security is at the forefront of everything you do, employing advanced encryption schemes to secure user and company data.
- Work within interdisciplinary teams to continually deliver the highest quality products to our users.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- You possess an innate curiosity, and thrive on learning new technologies.
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems.
- You have experience building and shipping highly-available, fault tolerant, low latency, scalable architectures.
- You pride yourself on consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale systems.
- An appreciation of the entire stack (including but not limited to front-end, service-oriented architecture, message brokers, databases, network layers, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London (Shoreditch) and New York (SoHo).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- New York Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).