Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Reporting directly to the Head of Risk & Compliance, you will have the opportunity to be heavily involved in managing AML and other financial crime risk facing Blockchain’s institutional products. You’ll be tasked with a mix of hands-on and strategic compliance related work at an exciting time for one the UK’s best known digital currency startups. This opportunity will suit an ambitious, and agile professional who is keen to extend their compliance knowledge and skills to the bleeding edge of financial services.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Act as a subject matter expert handling enhanced due diligence and investigations
- Identify areas of weakness and risk to the business and implement processes to monitor and mitigate those risks.
- Train team members on anti-money laundering and best practice customer due diligence
- Monitor first line decisioning to ensure Blockchain operates within risk appetite.
- Monitor cryptocurrency activity blockchain transaction monitoring tools
- Develop and oversee suspicious activity reporting procedures (SAR) to Financial Intelligence Units.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Experience operating within a risk or compliance function within Fintech/crypto/financial services
- Familiarity with the principles of good corporate due diligence
- Experience creating something new or designing or improving processes
- Highly practical, logical and able to adapt to a startup environment sometimes with few resources and existing processes in place.
- University degree.
- Curiosity and a passion for Fintech including working knowledge of cryptocurrencies.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London (Shoreditch).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.