Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Security Engineer to join our growing team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversee the millions of eyes on our open source code through bug bounty programs and outside consulting
- Conduct internal penetration testing and direct remediation efforts across all Blockchain products
- Prioritize and address identified issues to coordinate efforts with our product development and engineering teams
- Proactively develop security guidance for future projects and technologies
- Execute operational and organizational security not limited to configuring computers and conducting security trainings
- Deliver secure development training for the web, Android and iOS platforms
- Improve the secure software development lifecycle practices across the engineering team
- Advocate security across the whole business
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A hacker mindset and the ability to assess risks
- Practical knowledge of the latest web application security issues and security trends
- Experience with secure code review of web and mobile applications
- Diverse range of security experience at an enterprise level in IT
- Knowledge of common web vulnerabilities (OWASP Top 10, for example), how to test for them and how to remediate them
- Experience protecting against and mitigating real world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc.)
- Knowledge of mobile platform security architectures
- Experience with security automation and/or DevSecOps (bonus)
- Experience with embedded device security (bonus)
- Experience with Bitcoin (bonus)
- Background in applied cryptography (bonus)
COMPENSATION AND PERKS:
- Security work focused on the cutting edge of web/mobile apps and financial technology used by millions of users worldwide
- Amazing and accessible office locations in the heart of London and New York City
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- New York Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Favorite GIF
- LinkedIn profile
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website or blog