Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Network/SysAdmin to join our London SRE team as we tackle some some of the most interesting problems in the crypto space, like how do we securely scale a distributed financial platform that touches millions of people a day.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design, develop and manage our data centers architecture: servers, storage, networks.
- Configure, manage and troubleshoot our servers, storage, network appliances.
- Automate management and deployment of our data centers resources.
- Optimize existing systems for scalability and build large-scale infrastructure.
- Be responsible for the high availability and proper operations of our data centers.
- Use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Work in close collaboration with developers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix Administration
- Good knowledge of network architectures, protocol and services
- Good knowledge of network appliances and best practices for data centers
- You have a passion for learning new technologies, troubleshooting and and designing large-scale distributed systems
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (knowledge of Go / Java is a plus).
- Good knowledge of virtualization frameworks (Mesos, Openstack, Kubernetes).
- Bonus: Experience working with, or knowledge of, the bitcoin protocol.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London (Shoreditch).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
- Favorite GIF.