At Blitz, we’re redefining gaming with a revolutionary software to transform the way that gamers play (check out blitz.gg). Our app helps gamers improve by analyzing real-time data from your gameplay and relaying it back to you in a way that empowers you to level up your skills. At Blitz, our value of empowerment extends to our employees as well with the support we give for our team to advance in their careers.
Now is an amazing time to join the Blitz product team as we seek to coach and entertain the world. We have over 10 million daily games played in over 10 countries, and we won’t stop there. Games, coaching, subscriptions, and events are incredible opportunities for us to deliver new experiences to delight and entertain our quickly growing userbase. You will be jumping in at the very beginning of this adventure and be in a position to help us define what Blitz coaching means for our users around the world.
As the Product Manager, you will help create the long-term strategy and vision for the Blitz experience, with a high degree of ownership and autonomy. You will own a game's product roadmap and KPIs, and work with engineers, designers, and researchers to ensure the delivery of data-driven products to delight our users. This position requires you to be in the LA area.
What You’ll Do
- Independently identify opportunities to advance the user and business needs of our games products, and build consensus around a roadmap that achieves our product goals.
- Motivate and partner with business leads, designers, and engineer teams to design, plan, develop and launch new features or products
- Be a domain expert that can collaborate with product managers throughout the organization who’s work touches game products.
- Work with Data Science to define KPIs that enable data-driven decision-making on the roadmap and overall future of the product.
- Drive A/B testing, market, and user research to identify customer needs and satisfaction drivers, and incorporate learnings into product decisions
- Define, support and deliver innovative and intuitive member experiences and features to drive player engagement and satisfaction
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution, learning and adoption. Monitor competitors to compare and contrast different approaches.
What It Takes To Be Successful
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in product management
- Experience in BOTH direct-to-consumer and business-to-business digital products or services, with a record of launching products or platforms, preferably in the games space
- Experience with data-driven feature design and decisions
- Experience communicating both creative and functional feedback to diverse groups
- Passion for creating great products, with the ability to identify flaws and inefficiencies in the design, experience, and behavioral outcomes
- Experience guiding the full product development process: creation, design, execution, quality testing, etc.
- Experience translating UX testing and feedback into new features
- Ability to operate autonomously and capable of going from vision and strategy to execution with thoughtful business and user consideration
- Significant data-driven decision making while using available data, even if it isn’t enough to form solid intuitive decisions until able to validate
Nice To Have
- Experience working in gaming or a passion for gaming and esports
- Experience or knowledge of FPS games
What We Offer
- An organization focused on growth and shared success
- Highly engaged leadership team with expert knowledge of gaming
- Excellent reputation with players, studios, and publishers in the industry
- Opportunities to learn and grow with the company
- A performance culture focused on career development and success
Pay and Benefits
- Annual salary range: $160-220k USD + bonus
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plan
- 401k matching
- Company-wide team building events
Salary for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Please note: We have a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees. All employees who will be onsite will need to be fully vaccinated. The mandate is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Blitz is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.