At Blitz, we’re redefining gaming with a revolutionary software to transform the way that gamers play (check out blitz.gg). Our app helps gamers improve by analyzing real-time data from your gameplay and relaying it back to you in a way that empowers you to level up your skills. At Blitz, our value of empowerment extends to our employees as well with the support we give for our team to advance in their careers.
We are seeking an experienced and highly curious Reverse Engineer. Our team moves quickly and is constantly innovating and reverse engineering popular video games to better create insights for Blitz users. We provide room for full autonomy of engineering decisions within a rapidly scaling ecosystem.
What You’ll Do
- Evaluate potential projects using experience and knowledge
- Diagnose crash logs and apply system-agnostic fixes
- Advance our statistic collection systems via reverse engineering of gaming systems
- Work with other engineers to formulate creative solutions to difficult problems
What It Takes To Be Successful
- Experience with reverse engineering game engines
- Strong knowledge of C, C++ and x86/x64 and/or ARM assembly
- Deep knowledge of low level systems programming, including process injection, packet interception and memory scanning
- Fundamental understanding of code hooking and patching
- Understanding of code and algorithm efficiency in a time-critical environment
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Dynamic and static reverse-engineering skills
- Experienced with WinDBG, GDB, LLDB, Ghidra or IDA
Nice To Have
- Experience with native graphics systems such as DirectX, Vulkan, or OpenGL
- Modern C++ understanding (C++17, C++20)
- Experience reverse-engineering obfuscated and virtualized code
What We Offer
- An organization focused on growth and shared success
- Highly engaged leadership team with expert knowledge of gaming
- Excellent reputation with players, studios, and publishers in the industry
- Opportunities to learn and grow with the company
- A performance culture focused on career development and success
Pay and Benefits
- Annual salary range: $80k-150k USD + bonus
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plan
- 401k matching
- Company-wide team building events
Salary for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Please note: We have a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees. All employees who will be onsite will need to be fully vaccinated. The mandate is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Blitz is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.