At Blitz, we’re redefining gaming with a revolutionary software to transform the way that gamers play (check out blitz.gg). Our app helps gamers improve by analyzing real-time data from your gameplay and relaying it back to you in a way that empowers you to level up your skills. At Blitz, our value of empowerment extends to our employees as well with the support we give for our team to advance in their careers.
Who We Are
Swift Media Entertainment (SME) is the esports, video game, and creator-focused, parent company of TSM (tsm.gg), the premier championship esports organization and Blitz (blitz.gg), the ultimate tool to drive gaming improvement.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to support our growth and provide legal expertise and counsel to Swift and all of its subsidiaries companies. The Vice President, Legal will have significant responsibility for providing legal support in connection with contracts, corporate governance, compliance, employment law matters, financings, M&A, data governance, privacy and IP matters. This role will act as the head of legal.
This position will report to the CFO and work in a collaborative way to build, scale and optimize internal processes. This is a perfect opportunity for a motivated, high-quality candidate to join a thriving company and make an immediate impact.
What You’ll Do
- Providing strategic counsel and guidance to internal stakeholders in connection with sponsorship agreements, brand marketing deals, strategic transactions, technology integrations, licensing agreements, vendor agreements, and other critical corporate initiatives.
- Managing key documents - drafting, editing, negotiating, reviewing contracts including confidentiality agreements, customer contracts, provider contracts, business associate agreements, employment agreements, and various vendor contracts.
- Implementing and managing key systems and processes that support the overall legal function.
- Overseeing and managing outside counsel for data privacy, digital advertising matters, technology, entertainment, sports and media law.
- Advising product management and marketing teams on product, marketing and advertising matters.
- Advising on security and blockchain matters including financial security laws.
- Identifying relevant federal and state statutory and regulatory requirements, providing counsel on the operational implications of such, and advising on procedures to satisfy these requirements, support operations and the implementation of solutions.
- As needed, overseeing the tracking of and response to any identified compliance/business ethics issues and direct investigations.
- Providing legal support to company financing and M&A initiatives.
- Participating in compliance and regulatory functions.
- Hiring and managing a legal team to support the business as needed.
What It Takes To Be Successful
- JD degree.
- Membership in the State Bar of California.
- 10+ years legal experience, both at a national law firm and 3+ years of experience working as in-house counsel.
- Experience in high growth businesses with in-depth understanding of legal best practices.
- Demonstrated interest in new and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated responsiveness and ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments and prioritize work assignments and to meet the needs of a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, easily adapting to the applicable audience.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to stakeholders.
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues, particularly in a fast-paced corporate setting.
- High standard of ethics along with the ability to act with discretion, strict confidentiality, and sensitivity towards issues and individuals.
- Grit, determination and an acute sense of urgency
What We Offer
- An organization focused on growth and shared success
- Highly engaged leadership team with expert knowledge of gaming
- Excellent reputation with players, studios, and publishers in the industry
- Opportunities to learn and grow with the company
- A performance culture focused on career development and success
Pay and Benefits
- Annual salary range: $250k-270k USD + bonus
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plan
- 401k matching
- Company-wide team building events
Salary for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Please note: We have a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees. All employees who will be onsite will need to be fully vaccinated. The mandate is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Blitz is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.