At Blitz, we’re redefining gaming with a revolutionary software to transform the way that gamers play (check out blitz.gg). Our app helps gamers improve by analyzing real-time data from your gameplay and relaying it back to you in a way that empowers you to level up your skills. At Blitz, our value of empowerment extends to our employees as well with the support we give for our team to advance in their careers.
The Blitz Frontend Engineering team is seeking an experienced Principal Frontend Engineer to support product feature development. This is an active, cross-functional role that will work closely with Product, Design, and Data to build features and applications. You will also work closely with our Reverse Engineering team who pull real-time game data from your favorite games. Together you will compile the plethora of information you receive into consumable chunks that Blitz users can enjoy and derive useful information from. As Blitz continues to grow, with your help we can onboard more titles than ever before.
As a Principal Frontend Engineer you should be comfortable with frontend and coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries. Ideally, you have experience with Ad Platforms and technology with a knack for visual design and utility. Additionally you will be able to mentor our junior Frontend Engineers.
What You’ll Do
- Implement platform technology, APIs, automation tooling and modern ad tech
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Analytics, Ad Yield and Data Science
- Come up with ways we can improve site reliability, RPS, monitoring and alerting
- Have a seat at the table in critical decisions about software direction
- Deliver quality products every week, every sprint and every quarter
What It Takes To Be Successful
- 5+ years of professional frontend experience
- 2+ years of software engineering leadership experience
- Understanding of Source Control
- Prioritization of performant, reusable, scalable, high-quality code
- Fundamental appreciation for unit, behavioral and automated testing
- Experience working as a part of an Agile team where velocity matters
- Experience as a measured, supportive, committed code reviewer
- Experience with continuous integration workflows
What We Offer
- An organization focused on growth and shared success
- Highly engaged leadership team with expert knowledge of gaming
- Excellent reputation with players, studios, and publishers in the industry
- Opportunities to learn and grow with the company
- A performance culture focused on career development and success
Pay and Benefits
- Annual salary range: $180k-210k USD + bonus
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision plan
- 401k matching
- Company-wide team building events
Salary for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Please note: We have a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees. All employees who will be onsite will need to be fully vaccinated. The mandate is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Blitz is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.