Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allow us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on their medications. Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation.
We are building out the Program Manager function to support our pharmacy management and operations teams. As a Program Manager, you must be comfortable collaborating with others on initiatives critical to the success of the enterprise. This includes large-scale operating model changes, incubation of disruptive technologies, development and operationalization of growth strategies and process re-engineering. You will work cross-functionally with subject matter experts, key stakeholders, functional leaders and senior leadership to advance strategic and/or high priority initiatives for our pharmacies under the Patient Services organization.
What You Will Do:
- Create and manage individual work and/or overall project plans as a project manager for small to medium sized high priority or strategic initiatives in support of our pharmaceutical partnership programs or other areas of business need
- Act as both project and program manager at times while functioning as a business owner empowered to make recommendations and decisions. Responsible for managing projects and making recommendations for adding/demoting projects and (re)prioritizing based on business need and value creation
- Actively take ownership from analysis to implementation, including identifying constraints, making data-driven recommendations, and uncovering optimization opportunities
- Leverage a hypotheses-based approach to identify, validate, and quantify opportunities [discovery work]
- Work across the organization to operationalize program launches/new initiatives, aligning on timelines, sharing information, answering ad hoc data-based questions, obtaining resources, and problem solving, including clearing roadblocks
- Pull and analyze data required to answer key business questions and routinely report out operational metrics (KPIs and SLAs) as part of Blink business reviews. This entails developing understanding of business processes, identifying data requirements, driving insights through the creation and monitoring of actionable analytical reports
- Socialize insights and gain support to drive technology, product, and/or workflow changes. Serve as an operational partner to the product team to provide feedback on business needs, prioritization and roadmap planning, as well as assisting in launch (testing, training, feedback)
- Build and refine labor and productivity models to quantify and socialize the impacts of process changes and new program launches from both a cost and staffing perspective
- Become well versed in Blink business segments, including understanding of client programs, prescription and order processing, including order fulfillment workflows as well as product features for Blink pharmacies
- Manage relationships and monitor KPIs with vendors that provide products or services core to pharmacy operations
Who You Are:
- Intellectually curious with a ‘growth mindset’ and biased towards action
- Organized and multi-faceted; able to plug in and effectively serve in a number of different roles from project manager, business owner, analyst, and more
- Problem solver with the ability to distill complex business problems into cohesive, impactful stories
- Analytical and data-driven; ability to take disparate information and synthesize towards concrete outcomes that can be clearly communicated
- Strategic thinker and tactical executor – able to shift from big picture to detailed operations on a dime, comfortable being in the weeds to get things done
- Accountable self-starter and strong team player with an excellent track record of success in matrixed, fast-paced environments with changing priorities
- Builder of strong, trusting relationships with experience leading indirect teams and success achieving results using skills of influence and persuasion
- Articulate, commanding with excellent written communication. Conveys findings in a cohesive story, including summarizing insights from analysis
What You’ll Need:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in a business analyst, strategy or operations role, healthcare/pharmacy experience is strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to handle various projects/responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and building new programs and processes, including managing cross-functional projects
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with large volumes of data to distill actionable insights. Advanced Excel/Google Sheets quantitative modeling skills required; Tableau skills desirable
- Demonstrated record of leading by influence, especially to secure buy-in for, and prioritization of your ideas among internal stakeholders and external partners
- Record of creative, structured approach to problem-solving and data-centered communication and decision-making.
- Certification in continuous improvement programs (Lean, Six-Sigma) preferred
- Travel: Up to 25% travel may be required at times; though typical travel is 5-10%
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious, and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.