Blink Health is a healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We are scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
The role of the Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for managing Blink’s routing, switching and firewall infrastructure in the cloud and in the office.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a technical architect and consultant to other engineering teams by assisting them with network design and troubleshooting in a cloud-based micro-services environment (AWS, k8s)
- Work with IT leadership on projects, identify new products and solutions, and research solutions for all business units
- Promote good network design practices at Blink emphasizing
- Secure and compliant implementations
- Redundancy/high availability
- Monitor, manage and maintain Blink’s network infrastructure including:
- Aruba switching and wireless
- Palo Alto firewalls
- AWS VPC
- Perform routine service desk ticket tasks such as updating client VPN routes, troubleshooting connectivity and investigating security incidents
- Act as the “last level” technical escalation point for complex network issues raised by end users or engineering teams including client VPN and other endpoint challenges
- Write end-user and internal facing technical documentation/runbooks about the systems you manage
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Mentor and train service desk technicians to provide a guiding hand.
- Participate in the Blink IT on-call rotation
- Duties will be focused on Network administration while providing backup to your systems engineering colleagues
What You'll Need:
- Ability to adhere to all Blink Health values, processes, policies, standards and procedures
- 5+ years of experience managing hybrid cloud network environments
- Expert level knowledge of enterprise network protocols and platforms such as
- IPSec VPN
- AWS VPC, Security Groups, peering, routing
- Deep understanding of cloud and virtualization technologies and how they impact network performance and design
- Mid-level Windows and Linux server administration capabilities
- Ability to manage and integrated both cloud (AWS) and physical office-based infrastructure
- Strong understanding of network security requirements and best practices in a regulated environment (HIPAA, HITRUST).
- Ability to analyze security incidents, and recommend appropriate measures to respond to security incident activity.
- Hands on experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools including
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to collaborate and work with others
- Experience writing and documenting detailed project proposals
- Experience working with vendors to solve issues, project roadmaps, and implement improvements
- Ability to adapt and solve problems in a fast moving environment
- Previous experience in a healthcare or other similar regulated environment is a plus
- Industry certifications a plus (Cisco CCNP, Palo Alto PCNSE/PCNSA, Network+)
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.