Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allow us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on their medications. Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
You’ll lead our DevOps and Site Reliability engineers, focusing on maintaining and improving Blink’s core engineering resources, instilling best practices into the company’s engineering teams and services, and boosting productivity and innovation of our engineering community through team engagements and self-service tooling. You will be coaching the team’s engineers, helping manage vendors and partners, and working with business, product, and engineering stakeholders to define the team’s roadmap and objectives. The team collaborates tightly with the IT and security teams and experience in those domains is desirable. Healthcare domain experience and deep knowledge of AWS are also desired. This role requires hands-on, current knowledge of cloud architecture and deployment best practices.
What You Have:
- A strong eye for detail, without losing sight of the big picture
- The ability to communicate about technical topics to engineering and management
- Eager to help create something that improves people’s live
- Passion for improving a team effectiveness by adding simple, useful processes and removing unnecessary, time consuming procedures
- Comfort coordinating with other managers to integrate projects with other applications.
- Project management experience, working with multiple teams across disciplines
- Experience developing and maintaining a technical project plan, and reporting on the progress of that project
- Practice working with engineering teams to capture technical requirements as stories, and estimate the size and complexity of those stories
- Comfortable working with variables and strive to create clarity for the team
- Desire to work in a high-paced startup environment, where projects are iterative and where responsibilities may become broader, or more specialized, over time
- Technical knowledge - an engineering background/skills are highly preferred, but not required.
Who You Are:
- You're a people person -- you connect well with technically savvy engineers and also with folks who just want their wifi to work and their dashboards to be green
- As a manager, you operate as a player/coach -- meaning, you provide development and strategic direction to your team, but you also robustly contribute
- You know networks, excited to take the lead on the maintenance and evolution of our network
- You love a technical challenge
- You thrive in a high paced environment
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of technical infrastructure experience, with an emphasis in cloud architecture, Kubernetes, and related technologies
- Talent for prioritizing and balancing the needs of multiple groups of users
- A high level of skill with managed services offered by various cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc) - AWS strongly preferred
- Experience overseeing the design and implementation of an IaC codebase that builds an entire company's cloud resources (Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc). We use Terraform, Atlantis, and Terragrunt.
- Strong understanding of the full stack of abstractions provided by modern container orchestration platforms such as Apache Mesos and Docker Swarm. We use Kubernetes.
- Experience overseeing the design and implementing a full release pipeline including unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests, and automatic rollback. We use GitHub Actions, Poetry, Helm, and Serverless Framework.
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.