Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
- Lead our Data Science and Analytics Team. This is a small and growing team of versatile analysts positioned at the center of everything at Blink Health.
- Hire and develop a team of talented analysts.
- Provide both strategic context and technical mentorship to their team.
- Act as a player/coach, jumping in to support strategic projects requiring senior level involvement.
- A strong foundation of technical and quantitative skills and be focused on how insights can impact business results.
- A strong culture of data, data-driven decisions, data-first thinking at Blink across product, engineering and business teams.
How to achieve success/acumen:
All Blinkers are expected to operate with our value of “Good Giving” in mind. Our culture is infused with the dedication and enthusiasm of employees who continuously strive to make a difference. Here’s how you will do that in this role.
Good Execution - Do your best work
- Collaborate and build strategies with internal partners across the company to develop and deploy predictive models
- Provide technical leadership to the team. You do not need to be an expert in everything, but you do need to be someone the team can learn from.
- Establish best practices and raise the bar on what it means to be an analyst or data scientist at Blink.
- Jump in when needed to deliver insights to business segment leaders and Blink’s Senior Leadership Team.
Good Owner - Be the CEO of your role
- Hire and develop a team of high performing Data Scientists and Product Analysts.
- Efficiently manage the team’s resources to ensure it remains focused on the highest impact projects and its priorities are aligned with our overall mission and goals.
- Identify resources needed, remove obstacles blocking the team, report on progress and goals achieved.
- Establish strong, data-driven culture of across all Blink teams.
Good Learning - Learn something new every day
- Work cross-functionally to understand how teams can better utilize insights either from the Data Science team or by helping teams become more self-sufficient.
- Teach machines to learn too. Theoretical and predictive models in areas that may include Marketing Spend Optimization, Landing Page Optimization, Pricing.
Good Feedback - Consider the perspective of others
- Listen actively and respond effectively through a variety of channels
- Give and receive candid and constructive feedback. Develop team’s ability to present, communicate data-driven insights, influence the direction of their working group or the entire company.
- Promote trust and encourage teamwork to allow the data science team to do their best work
- Proven ability to lead a cross-functional team in a large company including training and advancing the skills of the team.
- 4+ years’ experience directly managing high performing quantitative teams and 3+ years of prior experience working as a data scientist or analyst.
- Deep quantitative skills and experience with applied analytics. Strong understanding of statistical analysis, including experimental design, and experience with SQL, R, Python, and related tools or systems.
- Strong technical skills and experience working with large and complex data sets. Rich expertise in complex modeling, statistics, global optimization functions, machine learning algorithms.
- Ability to translate business needs to analytic requirements and take the results of complex analyses and communicate them to a broad audience.
- Operate independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in either the consumer internet space or healthcare industry.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field. Advanced degree preferred.
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.