We are looking for a full-stack Developer to join our growing App Development team. You will join a team responsible for delivering everything from bespoke websites to the underlying Business Cash Advance system.
For Liberis our purpose is to provide simple, flexible funding to help growing businesses achieve their ambitions. We are a small vibrant business on a mission to re-invent the way small businesses access funding.
Traditional business lending simply doesn’t reflect the nature of small businesses. So, Liberis offer a fairer and a far more flexible way to borrow, allowing SMEs to repay the money they need by taking a small percentage of their monthly card transactions as repayment. Liberis has no hidden fees, and the cost never changes. So not only does this keep their payments in line with their cash flow, it also frees them from traditional finance with fixed monthly payments, and nasty surprises.
Liberis are a fast-growing team of around 80 people enjoying a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. We are an inclusive workplace and we seek to leverage our team, which is rich in diversity, talent and ideas. We are committed to a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, race, or background.
This role is an opportunity to join a fast-paced small business with significant growth plans. The successful candidate will need an entrepreneurial spirit, and a start-up attitude.
Technology will be at the heart of Liberis’ growth, and this role will have a big part to play in how our customers interact with us using technology.
We work using the Kanban method with a strong focus on Lean Software Development. We make continuous improvement through regular Kaizen sessions to. Our development process uses continuous deployment with a combination of unit, regression and integration tests running in our CI environment. Continuous improvement also extends to the way we develop our websites; we use metrics and user recordings to gain insight from real customer experiences, and turn these in to improvements for our online experiences.
Key Responsibilities will vary but will include typically
- Scope, design, development, and support for all our bespoke software systems. These include web-based UIs, back-end services, HTTP APIs, and Salesforce. As part of a multi-skilled team you will be expected to make changes throughout our application stack.
- Writing front-end software that adapts easily to change including, for example, writing software that could be deployed separately with multiple brands simultaneously.
- Prototyping and helping to design any new products or features for our applications.
- Keep on top of current market trends in the web and bring best practice guidance to the whole team.
- Be engaged within the team and contribute to continuous improvement, code reviews and design decisions.
- Be self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Be adept at working with people from all areas of the business (both technical, and non-technical).
- Can prioritise your workload and be able to maintain the flow of delivery that the team aims to achieve.
- Can understand the business needs and be proactive in recommending changes.
- Be confident in implementing changes, and keeping focussed during times of change and uncertainty.
- Can give and receiving feedback to help push yourself, the team, and the company.
We think you’ll need
- Experience building and maintaining consumer-facing websites and internal websites. Elm-lang and AngularJS (using TypeScript) experience would be a bonus.
- Experience building applications with an API-first mindset.
- Experience building back-end services using Node.js and C#.
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- A test-first drive to making changes and solving problems.
- Experience of good, automated testing principles and using a range of tools and techniques for browser based testing
- Understanding or experience of messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ.
- Experience with document databases such as MongoDB.
- Experience designing and building systems in Microsoft Azure (or similar).
- Ability and willingness to travel - primarily to our offices in Hammersmith, London.
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- The drive to constantly learn and improve.
What we’ll offer in return
- Excellent company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life insurance and many others
- Performance related bonus
- Holiday entitlement - 22 days increasing with each year of service up to 25 days
- Extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Company wellness programme – yoga, running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, subsidised food at the Hive
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials
- Relaxed dress code – Jeans welcome!