Contentive is a fast growing media and virtual events company with an exciting future. We are currently looking for a New Business Development Manager to join our thriving commercial team. We are looking for determined, down to earth, proactive individuals who are passionate about their career. You will be responsible for pitching new opportunities and bringing on new clients.
- Achieve and exceed monthly; quarterly and annual sales targets
- Work autonomously to monitor and understand the buyer and vendor marketplace within your allocated patch to best spot opportunities
- Operate as a team player in the business development team and offering support to fellow colleagues
- Plan and execute customer coverage to maximise sales revenue, including face-to-face meetings, sales trips, and attendance at relevant industry events (when restrictions allow)
- Whilst you will follow the direction of the sales plan to meet customer coverage objectives, you are also expected to identify new targets within your market
- Build relationships and engage in in-depth, consultative conversations with potential clients to understand their medium-term marketing objectives and plan effective digital and virtual event campaigns to fit their needs
- Creatively plan & effectively present marketing campaigns to both clients and their agencies
- Effectively manage personal pipeline to maximise both yield and revenue
- Achieve (as a minimum) productivity targets
- Optimise handover to customer-success and account management team, to facilitate long-term working partnerships between our brands and our customer-base
- Work with the Head of Business Development to design your own personal sales plan
- Maintain all internal process and systems to a high standard (eg Salesforce and ‘key performance indicator’ systems)
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working within B2B media and/or event sales; ideally, in a new business team
- Excellent selling, negotiating and closing skills
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Comfortable with high-activity call and email prospecting
- The drive and confidence to cold call prospective new business, and resilience to handle rejection
- Exceptional organisational skills – the ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Data-driven and ability to constantly review and optimize sales process.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
- Ability to present at a senior decision maker level.
- Great attitude: proactive and energetic, enthusiastic and fun to work alongside, with a strong work ethic
- Highly organised and structured planner with the ability to deliver projects on time
- Outstanding people skills with the ability to develop relationships with a wide range of individuals
- Completely invested in driving individual success
- Excellent accuracy/attention to detail essential
- Commercially aware
- Able to remain calm under pressure in a fast-moving environment
- Results-oriented and tenacious
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Contentive see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- 25 days of paid holidays (plus a Birthday Day and an additional day off around Christmas)
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary.
- Pension Scheme
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Your career is in your hands. We expect you to take ownership of your own career development and of course, we are here to support and guide you. Our career pathway is designed to clearly highlight the different avenues you may wish to take during your career with Contentive. We encourage you to have open and honest conversations about how you are performing in your role and ask for feedback. We adopt the growth mindset principle to development. “Success is not an accident; success is a choice.” – Stephen Curry.