We are looking to hire high-energy, entrepreneurial and value-adding talent to join a growth business within the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio, the UK’s most successful venture builder. The Product Manager will play a pivotal role within this BC FinTech business, working cross-functionally to build and scale their product portfolios.
Blenheim Chalcot is one of the leading venture builders in the world. Headquartered in London from our flagship White City Scale Space campus, we have been building exciting and disruptive businesses for over 20 years. Blenheim Chalcot is responsible for building some of the most innovative companies in the UK and increasingly around the world – with significant operations in India and the US, as well as emerging operations in South Africa and Southeast Asia.
Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries being disrupted by digital including FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. Our portfolio has been conceived and launched by us and employ over 3,000 employees. Our assets under management stand at more than £1.8bn and total portfolio sales is over £500 million.
Our team, Venture Builder Services (VBS), exists to support our ventures to be successful quickly, sustainably and with access to the best practice tools, solutions, and expertise. We provide a range of services to help new business get off the ground, including technology, growth (marketing and sales), talent, HR, finance, legal and tax.
IMPACT BEYOND PROFIT
15% of our partnerships and ventures are charities. These include the British Asian Trust, BabyZone and Onside Youth Zones. In the same way that we support our ventures, our Partners provide direct hands-on support to these charities by being active board members and offering expert advice.
- Honesty and integrity – trustworthy
- Resilience - keeps going when the going gets tough, remains optimistic in the face of challenges, open to feedback and willingness to change and experiment
- Team work – is collaborative and supportive, elevating and developing others to deliver results
- Innovation - restless to improve, challenges how to make things better
- Deliver results - keeps promises, drives to achieve, commitment to high quality work
- People awareness – collaborative and supportive, respectful
- Commercial awareness - looks for best value solutions for the business, understand costs / revenues, spends money wisely
The Product Manager is a vital role within the Blenheim Chalcot FinTech portfolio business and will directly impact the growth and scale of the business.
Depending on the project, you will need to be comfortable doing the following:
- Developing an understanding of the value proposition of the products you manage, their positioning in each of the FinTech’s verticals and how they solve their customers’ problems.
- Creating technical designs and specifications for products working with both internal and external stakeholders to elicit requirements to ensure all regulatory, Scheme and operational standards are met.
- Defining the product and technical roadmap for the engineering team, ensuring requirements are clearly articulated and communicated to your engineering stakeholders, and prioritise work that delivers value within each sprint.
- Planning and initiating, ensuring a clear product development plan that aligns with any external and internal milestones.
- Actively managing key supplier relationships.
- Developing and launching the product, plus ensuring all implications on teams across the business are understood and actively managed ahead of go-live.
- Creating and maintaining internal documentation and functional product collateral for use by internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for regularly communicating updates on progress, ensuring any issues are pro-actively managed.
- Actively monitoring the performance and scalability of your products against KPIs, ensuring issues are triaged and resolved in a timely manner, while also responding to changes in the market and client demands.
- Working closely with the marketing team to ensure the Fintech successfully packages the products to solve problems for our customers in their target verticals.
- A great person to have on the team!
This role is an excellent platform for experienced professionals to take their career to the next level and an opportunity unlikely to be found anywhere else.
The ideal candidate will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years as a Product Manager / Owner within the FinTech space.
- A proven track record of delivery in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, able to demonstrate a strong ability to balance multiple priorities that may change frequently.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills, able to manage internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Be able to operate at a range of levels – both in terms of big picture strategic thinking, thought leadership and getting into the data and analysis
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Be part of the UK’s leading digital venture builder
- Have the opportunity to be a part of and learn from the incredible talent in BC
- Be exposed to the right mix of challenges, within a culture that promotes continuous learning and development
- A fun and open, if a little cricket obsessed, atmosphere
- This Fintech also offers a range of brilliant benefits
We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent.
Blenheim Chalcot is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values, thus making it core to our business. We strive to maximise the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from everyone. We encourage diversity through perspective, background, identity, and thought whilst also fostering an environment where everyone can express themselves regardless of your race, religion, sex, gender, colour, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic. We are committed to continuing to nurture an inclusive environment and building a diverse workforce.