HealthTech Innovation Lead
- Are you torn between the world of consulting, the excitement of start-ups and the stability of corporate life?
- Are you curious, and do you want to keep learning whilst getting hands-on business building experience?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to build, launch and grow a new HealthTech innovation vertical?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high energy, motivated and curious talent to join our Special Projects team at Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s most successful venture builder.
You will have a unique opportunity to be part of the team building out our new HealthTech vertical, offering the energy and excitement of start-up life, the intellectual challenge and variety of consulting and the influence and opportunities of a large business. Blenheim Chalcot has businesses with offices across the globe in London, Cape Town, Tampa and Mumbai to name a few, offering a diverse and multicultural landscape for all employees to learn and grow within.
The Pioneer Programme
This role is part of the BC Pioneer Programme; a portfolio-wide community and learning & development programme built exclusively for the future leaders of our ventures and scale-ups.
When embarking on a Pioneer role within our portfolio, you will be exposed to an environment unlike any other and will have the opportunity have a tangible impact on a business going through a continuously evolving period of growth. Alongside your role, you will undertake an 18-month Red Team L&D programme, giving you access to learning materials, training and experts to help you to set up your own career adventure.
The concept of ‘career adventuring’ is founded on developing your skills and providing you with the necessary tools, coupled with your own personal resilience and attitude to work. This approach is at the heart of the Pioneer programme vision, and both your venture and the Red Team are committed to working with you to help you excel.
The HealthTech Innovation Lead will be responsible for building out BC’s HealthTech expertise, whilst enabling us to test and progress a variety of new initiatives and ideas. This is a great opportunity for a highly entrepreneurial, self-motivated individual to get involved with building new ventures from scratch and focus on tackling some of the biggest challenges facing our society.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 4 years' experience working in strategy, consulting or product development
- Experience working with/in both health-related and early-stage businesses
- Minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (in any discipline)
- Prior experience in data or AI would be advantageous
- A flexible and pro-active mindset, with the ability to operate in an unstructured and ambiguous environment
- A passion for start-ups and disruption, with experience in or ambitions to build your own venture in the future
- Evidence of the ability to be a self-starter and be able to adapt to multiple roles in a variety of high-pace environments
- A passion for building your network and capacity to work well with colleagues and stakeholders at C-suite and executive levels
A bit about Blenheim Chalcot and our portfolio:
Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We build tech businesses that disrupt and transform sectors. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and our infrastructure.
Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries covering FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. You may have heard of some of our growing businesses such as Modulr, ClearScore, Hive Learning, Avado and the Rajasthan Royals.
Our portfolio represents sales of over £500 million, £1.8bn of assets under management, more than 3,000 employees and a successful track record of over 40 companies. We currently have a portfolio of over 20 companies varying in stage from seed to venture to growth.
Impact beyond profit:
Building profitable digital businesses isn’t our sole focus. We are also involved in a range of charitable activities – with colleagues engaged in mental health initiatives, the education of girls in the developing world, building 21st-century youth facilities in deprived areas, and supporting charities with the use of digital technologies.
Please visit https://www.blenheimchalcot.com/charities for more information.
Our culture across the portfolio is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Work within our Special Projects team to build, develop and test HealthTech initiatives across BC, identifying key market opportunities and providing innovative solutions
- Develop and grow the UK offering of one of our new ventures, Heme Health
- Provide go-to-market and product development support to BC ventures with health verticals
- Provide strategic and operational oversight to BC’s HealthTech investment aims and objectives
- Identify, establish and build strong internal relationships with key Founders and C-Suite stakeholders across the portfolio, while rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to achieve the goals
- Take part in a variety of informal learning and networking events, which brings groups of people working in the same field together across our ventures, charities and other external organisations
- Additional learning and development programmes, managed and run by Blenheim Chalcot centrally.
We have a rigorous recruitment process which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best and diverse talent.
This will involve an initial telephone conversation, followed by a panel interview and a case study where you will meet with that businesses management team and the Chief Operating team over 2 stages. We aspire for every person invited into an interview to find the process as interesting and engaging as we no doubt will.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone