Venture Chief Financial Officer
Blenheim Chalcot is one of the leading venture builders in the world. Headquartered in London from our flagship White City Scale Space campus, we have been building exciting and disruptive businesses for over 20 years. Blenheim Chalcot is responsible for building some of the most innovative companies in the UK and increasingly around the world – with significant operations in India and the US, as well as emerging operations in South Africa and South East Asia.
Our portfolio companies employ in excess of 4000 people, with the central BC team itself numbering 350 - and all are scaling up rapidly. Our assets under management are in excess of £1.8 billion.
We are in a period of ambitious scaling at Blenheim Chalcot and across our businesses, in existing and new geographies. As a result, we need a world class Venture Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our Venture Builder Services team, reporting into our Global CFO.
This is a truly pivotal role, and its impact will be fundamental to the development and growth of the Blenheim Chalcot Portfolio businesses. This is a genuine opportunity for an individual to broaden their experience at an exciting time for our portfolio.
IMPACT BEYOND PROFIT
15% of our partnerships and ventures are charities. These include the British Asian Trust, BabyZone and Onside Youth Zones. In the same way that we support our ventures, our Partners provide direct hands-on support to these charities by being active board members and offering expert advice.
- Honesty and integrity – trustworthy
- Resilience - keeps going when the going gets tough, remains optimistic in the face of challenges, open to feedback and willingness to change and experiment
- Team work – is collaborative and supportive, elevating and developing others to deliver results
- Innovation - restless to improve, challenges how to make things better
- Deliver results - keeps promises, drives to achieve, commitment to high quality work
- People awareness – collaborative and supportive, respectful
- Commercial awareness - looks for best value solutions for the business, understand costs / revenues, spends money wisely
This role will support Blenheim Chalcot portfolio ventures, where the impact will be fundamental to the successful development and growth of the venture.
Key responsibilities include:
- You will provide insightful and trusted counsel as a business partner to the CEO and BC CFO, on both financial and broad-based business issues related to the overall performance of BC ventures
- You will work closely with venture CEOs and senior teams to advise on financial best practise and discipline
- You will develop and enhance our ventures financial foundation with appropriate systems and processes that will allow them to grow effectively over the next several years.
- You will analyze business risks and opportunities and drive recommendations as they affect the financial results of our ventures.
- You will drive consistency of financial management which could include across multiple locations, whilst recognising when this needs to flex due to local cultures and legislative differences.
- You will oversee and liaise with Finance shared service colleagues in India who look after our operational financial management, ensuring high quality output.
What we expect from you from a personal perspective:
You will be a dynamic and disciplined thinker with a strong intellect, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a mark in fast-paced, growing environments.
- You will be entrepreneurial with an ability to flourish while working alongside similarly intellectually curious senior executives.
- You will have a low ego, be able to thrive in a learning environment and be willing to listen.
- You will be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, with a bias for action and ability to rapidly adjust as required.
- You will have experience operating in a matrix and constantly changing environment, and will have demonstrable experience navigating a fast paced, dynamic working environment.
- Qualified accountant (+10 years PQE)
- Experience as a CFO/FD supporting and driving growth of businesses from start-up to scale-up stages.
- You will have experience of working with and harnessing the benefits of deployed finance functions.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate and drive growth, and have the flexibility to adapt to a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- You will have a demonstrable track record of overseeing both accounting and financial planning & analysis functions.
- Experience with investor communication would be advantageous, though essential you possess the ability to establish trust and build rapport with existing and potential investors where appropriate
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Be part of the UK’s leading digital venture builder
- Have the opportunity to be a part of and learn from the incredible talent in BC
- Be exposed to the right mix of challenges, within a culture that promotes continuous learning and development
- A fun and open working atmosphere
We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent.
Blenheim Chalcot is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values, thus making it core to our business. We strive to maximise the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from everyone. We encourage diversity through perspective, background, identity, and thought whilst also fostering an environment where everyone can express themselves regardless of your race, religion, sex, gender, colour, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic. We are committed to continuing to nurture an inclusive environment and building a diverse workforce.