Business Impact Manager - Rajasthan Royals
Mumbai & London
- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Do you want to keep learning and developing whilst getting hands-on, entrepreneurial, business building experience?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to launch, build and grow a successful business?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high-energy, entrepreneurial and value-adding talent to join the Blenheim Chalcot (BC) portfolio to work with the Rajasthan Royals to lead on critical strategic growth and operational projects.
We’re a venture builder. At Blenheim Chalcot, we invest more than just funds. We invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and infrastructure. Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries being disrupted by digital including FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. We are highly entrepreneurial and seek opportunities where digital technologies can disrupt major markets - ventures we have built range from ClearScore to Agilisys and AVADO to even the Rajasthan Royals IPL cricket team.
All our 20+ portfolio companies have each been conceived and launched by us and now have total sales of over £0.5bn and more than 3,000 employees. Our assets under management stand at greater than £1.8bn.
As part of our expansion strategy, in 2022, we are working increasingly closely with financial and strategic partners, such as PayPal, FIS, Legal & General, Experian, Google, Worldpay, Barclays, Imperial College and some of the leading international VC and PE companies including General Atlantic, Lead Edge, QED, FTV, Highland and Frog Capital.
Impact Beyond Profit
15% of our partnerships and ventures are charities. These are the British Asian Trust, The Royal Foundation and Onside Youth Zones. In the same way that we support our ventures, our Partners provide direct hands-on support to the charities through sitting on the boards and much more.
The Business Impact Manager (BIM) is a vital role within the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio, and will be responsible for leading on critical strategic growth and operational projects within the Rajasthan Royals.
The successful BIM will play a major role in leading and shaping the Royal’s development, undertaking engagements across a variety of operational and commercial functions.
Depending on the project, you will need to be comfortable doing the following:
- Be able to transition between functions with the ability to ramp up quickly on market, company, team and/or function build and own the business case.
- Be point for all elements of the venture.
- Drive business impact/change ‘from start to finish’: initial scoping, strategy formulation, analysis, action plan, execution.
- Own and deliver the program of work: put a structure around it, break it down into discrete pieces with clearly defined outputs.
- Work in a highly entrepreneurial environment, focusing on execution and ensuring plans come to fruition.
- Consistently build strong relationships with stakeholders centrally and in the portfolio companies.
- Develop and contracting relationships with other businesses; and
- Lead and manage teams.
This role is an excellent platform for experienced professionals to take their career to the next level and an opportunity unlikely to be found anywhere else. You will have the opportunity to work in a variety of sectors and at different stages of the venture lifecycle.
We pride ourselves on having an intentional and continuous learning culture at Blenheim Chalcot. As such, your ability to impact venture success will be amplified by access to shared learnings from leaders across the portfolio as well as the centrally located Venture Builder Services team. As a part of this role, you will also have the opportunity to take part in our cross-portfolio leadership development programme, Impact Boost, which aims to develop future senior leaders (with previous great success!) and allow you to grow your entrepreneurial toolkit.
The ideal candidate will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Feel comfortable and able to be flexible in a dynamic environment where there is a high velocity of change that comes with the territory of early-stage ventures
- Highly motivated and ‘entrepreneurial’ with a strong sense of ownership
- A strategic approach to solving problems from strategy consulting or strategic operating experience within a business would be valuable but the key requirement is to be execution focused
- Be passionate about adding value to high-growth sport business
- Have a good overview and understand of the many functional elements of a growing business
- Be quick to assess complex situations and identify potential solutions
- Have experience of building business plans underpinned by financial models
- Have the communication and people skills to be able to work with CEOs, senior management and other stakeholders to formulate strategic plans and mobilise/manage teams to execute on a plan
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Be able to operate at a range of levels – both in terms of big picture strategic thinking, thought leadership and getting into the data and analysis
- 10 years + experience, bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience
- Passionate about cricket and the business of sport
- Dynamic, insightful and influential with the ability to operate at strategic and operational levels
- IMPORTANT: Comfortable with frequent travel and spending up to 80% of the year in India
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Be part of the UK’s leading digital venture builder and have the opportunity to be a part of and learn from the incredible talent in BC
- Be exposed to the right mix of challenges and learning and development opportunities, including secondments and the opportunity to move around VBS or/and its ventures
- A fun and open, if a little cricket obsessed, atmosphere
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Benefits: Private Medical and Dental, Gym Subsidiaries
We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note that we see diversity as something that creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.