Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and infrastructure. Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries being disrupted by digital including FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. We are highly entrepreneurial and seek opportunities where digital technologies can disrupt major markets - ventures we have built range from ClearScore to Agilisys and AVADO to even the Rajasthan Royals cricket team.
Our 19 companies have each been conceived and launched by us and now have total sales of over £500 million and more than 4000 employees. Our assets under management stands at greater than £1.8bn.
Our team, Venture Builder Services (VBS), exists to support our ventures to be successful quickly, sustainably and with access to the best practice tools, solutions and expertise. We provide a range of services to help new businesses get off the ground, including technology, growth (marketing and sales), talent, finance, legal and tax.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Impact Beyond Profit
15% of our partnerships and ventures are charities. These are the In the same way that we support our ventures, our Partners provide direct hands-on support to the charities through sitting on the boards and much more.
- Honesty and integrity – trustworthy
- Resilience - keeps going when the going gets tough, remains optimistic in the face of challenges, open to feedback and willingness to change and experiment
- Team work – is collaborative and supportive, elevating and developing others to deliver results,
- Innovation - restless to improve, challenges how to make things better
- Deliver results - keeps promises, drives to achieve, commitment to high quality work
- People awareness – collaborative and supportive, respectful
- Commercial awareness - looks for best value solutions for the business, understand costs / revenues, spends money wisely
At Blenheim Chalcot we are expanding our legal team by recruiting a Contracts Manager into our Scale Space White City office. The role will report into Blenheim Chalcot’s Head of Legal and HR and will require an individual to negotiate and draft commercial contracts across a variety of legal disciplines including Intellectual Property, Commercial, Data Protection, Music, Corporate and Employment law.
You’ll work as a key member of our Legal Team working closely with a range of stakeholders within the wider VBS business and across a portfolio of over 25 companies. This role will be varied and challenging where you will apply your commercial skills while taking responsibility for managing risk across the business.
- Negotiate and draft a wide variety of commercial contracts
- Work closely with the rapidly expanding portfolio of Blenheim Chalcot businesses
- Monitor and implement data protection, privacy and compliance policies
- Identify, monitor, research and resolve issues relating to commercial contracts liaising with external and internal stakeholders to ensure that risk to the business is minimised
- Help the portfolio businesses protect their brands and their Intellectual Property
- Work closely with the BC Investments team to accurately document transactions and advise on processes set out in a company’s articles and/or shareholders’ agreement
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
- At least 1 years’ + PQE if UK qualified, but foreign qualified lawyers with more experience are welcome to apply
- Ideally, will have some prior in-house experience
- Experience providing legal advice in a commercial environment and of working across data protection and intellectual property issues
- Ability to build strong work relationships internally
What we’re looking for
These are the values we look for at Blenheim Chalcot:
- Building businesses is fast-paced and fluid; be nimble;
- Never stop looking for a better way of doing things; be curious;
- Sharing knowledge and networks builds better businesses; be generous;
- The best ideas aren’t always your own; seek diversity;
- Decisions should be driven by analytics and customer insight; embrace data.
At Blenheim Chalcot, we aim to hire potential above anything else. So in your application, please describe a scenario which demonstrates some, or all, of the above values.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Be part of the UK’s leading digital venture builder and have the opportunity to be a part of and learn from the incredible talent in BC
- Be exposed to the right mix of challenges and learning and development opportunities, including secondments and the opportunity to move around VBS or/and its ventures
- A fun and open, if a little cricket obsessed, atmosphere
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Benefits: Private Medical and Dental, Gym Subsidiaries
We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.