Corporate Development and Investor Relations
US Portfolio Impact Manager
*** Applicants must be based on the East Coast and will be expected to work EST hours. Some travel will be required ***
- Are you curious, excited by experimentation and always looking for a better way of doing things?
- Are you interested in learning more about venture / growth investment, driving portfolio growth strategies and fundraising / M&A processes?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to help launch, build and grow successful businesses?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high energy, entrepreneurial and value-adding talent to join Blenheim Chalcot (BC), the UK’s most successful venture builder. Opportunity to lead on corporate development and strategy and investor relations, to help build and grow our portfolio of dynamic tech businesses.
Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and infrastructure. Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries being disrupted digitally, including FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. We are highly entrepreneurial and seek opportunities where digital technologies can disrupt major markets - ventures we have built range from ClearScore to Agilisys and Hive Learning to even the Rajasthan Royals IPL cricket team.
All our 20 plus portfolio companies have been conceived and launched by us and now have total sales of over £0.5bn and more than 3,000 employees. Our assets under management stand in excess of £1.8bn.
As part of our expansion strategy, in 2022, we will increasingly work closely with financial and strategic partners, such as Paypal, FIS, Legal & General, Experian, Google, Barclays, WorldPay, Imperial College and some of the leading international VC and PE companies including General Atlantic, Lead Edge, QED, FTV, Highland and Frog Capital.
IMPACT BEYOND PROFIT:
15% of our partnerships and ventures are charities. These are the British Asian Trust, The Royal Foundation and Onside Youth Zones. In the same way that we support our ventures, our Partners provide direct hands-on support to the charities through sitting on the boards and much more.
- Honesty and integrity – trustworthy
- Resilience – keep going when it gets tough, remain optimistic in the face of challenges, open to feedback and willingness to change and experiment
- Teamwork – be collaborative and supportive, elevating and developing others to deliver results
- Innovation – keep on improving, challenge how to make things better
- Deliver results – keep promises, drive to achieve, commit to high quality work
- People awareness – be collaborative supportive and respectful
- Commercial awareness – look for best value solutions for the business, understand costs / revenues and spend money wisely
Our US Corporate Development and Investor Relations Manager will be vital within Blenheim Chalcot, reporting to the Head of Investments (based in London) and matrixed to the US General Manager. You will be part of the core Investment Team responsible for defining and executing the investment strategy of Blenheim Chalcot, working to provide portfolio companies with the strategic services they need to thrive. The Investment Team is responsible for:
- monitoring and analysing our current portfolio of over 20 companies,
- managing funds from BC Partners as well as external HNWI / Family Office investors and providing investment governance,
- supporting CEOs/CFOs and boards of portfolio companies with strategy, fundraising, M&As, and debt refinancing,
- leading on marketplace engagement and investor relations, as well as
- supporting the incubation of our next generation of ventures.
Depending on the project, you will need to be comfortable with the below:
- Expand BC’s profile and awareness of our portfolio companies across North America.
- Engage with current and prospective investors as well as other stakeholders within BC and externally e.g. family offices, strategic partners, VC / Pes.
- Prepare BC teams and portfolio companies for roadshows and other external investor presentations in North America, e.g. investor materials, scripts and talking points.
- Develop strong relationships with CEOs and senior leadership in our portfolio companies to support their growth strategy, especially in North America.
- Be able to transition between our ventures across different sectors i.e. FinTech and EdTech.
- Ability to ramp up knowledge quickly on BC, our portfolio companies, market dynamics and strategic opportunities.
- Support BC Partners, Head of the Investment Team and US GM on the execution of our portfolio strategy and specific strategic initiatives.
- Identify and lead on potential partnership or M&A opportunities for our ventures, e.g. capital raising transactions, bolt-on acquisitions, debt refinancing, exits, IPOs and new venture incubations.
- Work collaboratively in a highly entrepreneurial environment, focusing on execution and ensuring strategic plans come to fruition.
- Lead and manage project teams.
This role is an excellent platform for experienced professionals to take their career to the next level and an opportunity unlikely to be found anywhere else. You will get to work across a variety of sectors and at different stages of the venture lifecycle.
We pride ourselves on having an intentional and continuous learning culture at Blenheim Chalcot. As such, your ability to impact venture success will be amplified by access to shared learnings from leaders across the portfolio as well as the central BC team. As a part of this role, you will also have the opportunity to take part in our cross-portfolio leadership development programme which aims to develop future senior leaders (with previous great success!) and allow you to grow your entrepreneurial toolkit. The experience and exposure that the role offers could mean a permanent C-Suite / GM level leadership centrally or within our venture businesses.
The ideal candidate will have a track-record in delivering results in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 6years’ professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Background in investment banking, corporate development, VC or PE.
- Experience in the Tech space would also be advantageous.
- Experience developing strong relationships and regularly interacting with investors, such as family offices and other long horizon LPs.
- Self-starter capable of working independently and collaboratively across different teams and geographies.
- Experience in preparing investor materials, financial modelling and analysis, as well as transaction execution.
- Feels comfortable and able to be flexible in a dynamic environment where there is a high velocity of change that comes with the territory of early-stage ventures.
- Highly motivated and ‘entrepreneurial’ with a strong sense of ownership, and passionate about adding value to high-growth start-up businesses.
- Good understanding of the many functional elements of a growing business.
- Excellent written, communication and people skills to be able to influence and work with CEOs, senior management and other stakeholders.
- Ability to operate at a range of levels – both in terms of big picture strategic thinking, thought leadership and getting into the data and analysis.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Be part of the UK’s leading digital venture builder and have the opportunity to learn from the incredible talent within BC, including our 20 plus portfolio companies
- Be exposed to the right mix of challenges and learning and development opportunities, including secondments and the opportunity to move around BC or / and its portfolio companies
- A fun and open, if a little cricket obsessed, atmosphere
- Discretionary bonus
- Excellent fully paid Healthcare scheme
- 20 days’ paid holiday + public holidays
We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note that we see diversity as something that creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.