Hive Learning is the collaborative learning app that gets people learning together every day. Our mission is to make learning stick. A billion dollars is spent every day by organisations on learning and development but most learning gets buried in notepads or never leaves the room – we’re here to change that.
Founded and chaired by Sir Clive Woodward, we are a cloud based platform and professional services organisation. We're a young company already earning acclaim across sport, business and education with a unique digital product and a growing set of partners including the FA and Premier League, the International Olympics Committee, Barclays and Sky. We’re a multi-discipline start-up team of 30 people: in-house web platform and app development, delivery and training, commercial and marketing people all with a common passion for learning and making a difference. We're based in Hammersmith, London and backed by leading digital venture builder, Blenheim Chalcot.
We love data at Hive and we love showing clients how well our programmes are engaging and evolving their teams. Our analytics team provides clients and internal teams with data and insight from our core SaaS platform, delivers insight on our product and helps to shape our innovation and product development streams
This role will be working alongside the software engineering and client services teams and involves running, maintaining and improving the tools our business uses to deliver data insights. You will be managing a queue of data requests and transformations, querying data using SQL, managing & developing PowerBI, looking after ETL pipelines & discovering and sharing meaningful insights with the team
It’s an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and shape the future of our analytics platform.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Management and delivery of data and reports to meet client requirements for data and analytics
- Accessing and transforming data from a PostgreSQL database to provide descriptive reports and extracts of user data.
- Interrogation of user data to provide detailed and useful insight for company stakeholders and external clients.
- Using charts and graphics to deliver meaningful insight in the most effective format, using our existing tools (eg Power BI) or those available to you (eg Python/R plotting libraries).
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a data or analytics position, ideally within web or customer data.
- Highly proficient in SQL, ideally with experience of PostgreSQL, including advanced functions and query optimisation.
- Experience with Power BI, or an alternative open source plotting library (eg Matplotlib, ggplot).
- Experience using Python (not essential).
- Be self-motivated, adaptable and able to work independently.
- Have exceptional organisational skills – the ability to multitask, prioritise, and manage time effectively
WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Health and life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Up to £800 flexible benefits package
- Opportunities to partake in structured training and leadership development programmes, from our being a part of Blenheim Chalcot
- Great team culture, team trips away, beer fridge and frequent nights out
We’re looking for smart and ambitious individuals to be our next team legends. We have a bright and dedicated team all with a common passion for learning and making a difference.
Join our mission. Join Hive Learning.