Event Marketing Manager
About Hive Learning
For the past five years, Hive Learning has helped some of the world’s most influential organizations create and embed culture change digitally and at scale. And in the past 18 months, our mission has become even more urgent.
We specialize in accelerating culture change in areas like inclusion, mental health, sustainability, and innovation –– areas that today are more critical today than they have ever been.
And our approach works. 88% of our learners change their behavior thanks to our unique approach. Our technology combines network science and nudge theory and everything we do is underpinned by a five-part methodology developed from studying over 20,000 change programs and real-world social movements.
In short, we’re on a mission to disrupt the outdated and ineffective world of corporate learning and help corporate learning teams overcome one of their biggest challenges — holding every person in their organization accountable for their behaviors and making sure change sticks.
We’ve just had our third consecutive year of rocket-fuelled growth and now we’re looking for an Event Marketing Manager to help us connect our community and accelerate our growth.
About the role
Your main goals will be to:
- Own our comprehensive virtual and in-person events strategy –– launching new initiatives and scaling up our current high-converting events program
- Use a series of PR and community tactics to increase awareness about Hive Learning and why our approach to creating culture change at scale works
Some things your role might involve:
- Execute our exclusive events program –– From intimate round-tables to large-scale webinars, to trade shows, you’ll build out campaigns with ruthless organization and prioritization while applying creative flair that will help us stand out from the crowd –– including launching our virtual summit and supporting customer events marketing too
- Run our events program end-to-end –– You’ll take the lead on events for our business –– from defining the strategy to sourcing speakers, to crafting inspiring campaign copy, to developing high-converting lead nurture and handoff process to the inside sales team, to building out our ‘on-demand events series’
- Use PR to fuel awareness and share thought leadership –– You’ll take the reins on our PR strategy, from booking our experts for external speaking opportunities across events, podcasts, and traditional media, to pitching comments and articles where we can add value to topical and timely discussions
- Connect our community –– You’ll work with demand generation and product marketing teams to find creative ways to connect our community of HR and DEI leaders
- Focus on impact –– You’ll test, measure and report on the impact of all activities and continually evolve your approach
- Actively contribute to our growth strategy –– You’ll come up with (and put into action) creative ideas that will help us grow Hive Learning’s reach, influence, and customer base
Some words that might describe you, your skills and experience
If any of these apply to you but you don’t have all the right skills, don’t let that put you off applying.
- You have experience working in an event management role (or you’re a marketing generalist with a desire to specialize)
- You’re able to effectively manage a budget using Google Sheets
- You pay strong attention to the tiny details, with laser-sharp organization and prioritization skills
- You’re a confident verbal and written communicator, comfortable engaging with internal and external audiences operating at a senior level
- You thrive in an autonomous environment, you’re proactive and happy to plan and execute your most impactful initiatives on your schedule
- You’re a confident problem-solver, happy working in an agile working environment and adjusting course where necessary
- You have strong teamwork skills, including a solid understanding of how to work with sales development teams
- You’re an infinite learner who is curious, seeks out feedback and collaboration, and is always seeking a better way
- You’re looking for a role with room to grow, adapt and flex to your unique strengths
- You have experience, knowledge or a particular well-researched interest in learning and development, and/or diversity and inclusion
- You have experience working in a B2B SaaS environment selling to an enterprise audience
- You have experience working with HubSpot (or a similar CRM) and you’re knowledgeable about how to drive good ROI through efficient reporting
What we’d like to offer you
- An exciting and meaningful challenge with the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the next phase of our growth
- The chance to grow with us - there are no limits to how far this role could take you
- A supportive and inclusive environment, where we care about your wellbeing and want to help you thrive in a forward-thinking and energetic team
- Be part of the broader Blenheim Chalcot family - connect and be mentored by some of the incredible people that work in the 20+ other start-ups in our ecosystem
- Competitive salary and OTE
- 20 vacation days, federal holidays + a bonus day off on your birthday
- A selection of fully paid private health and dental care plans to choose from
- Brand new hub in Tampa, FL
What our hybrid working environment looks like
You’ll join our global marketing team, with half of us based in the UK and half of us based out of a new hub in Tampa, FL. Ideally, you’ll be in the office 2 to 3 days a week with plenty of opportunities to get together for socials and Beach House retreats.
However, we are open to considering a remote contract for the right person.
A quick note on how we hire
Our products are striving to create a more equitable world. And for that reason, we take diversity and inclusion seriously in our hiring processes too.
We’re committed to building a team that represents a whole host of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.
And if this job speaks to you but you're not sure you have the "right" experience, we'd love you to apply anyway and tell us why you'd be great for this role in your cover letter.