We are looking for a talented account director with a can-do attitude, hunger to succeed and passion for building lasting relationships. In this role, you will be working on an established brand with an 82% renewal rate. We are looking for someone to come in and managed a 1-million-pound portfolio to help drive our business to further growth. This is one of the most important roles within Contentive and as such the remuneration reflects this.
- Achieve and exceed monthly; quarterly and annual sales targets
- Work autonomously to monitor and understand the buyer and vendor marketplace within your allocated patch to best spot opportunities
- Be seen as a leader across the commercial team and share your experience and knowledge with the wider team
- Plan and execute customer coverage to maximise sales revenue, including face-to-face meetings, sales trips, and attendance at relevant industry events (when restrictions allow)
- Follow the direction of the sales plan to meet customer coverage objectives, with grading applied to prioritise customer engagement levels
- Create sizeable increases in current client spends through upselling in campaigns as well as increased package deals
- Build relationships and engage in in-depth, consultative conversations with potential clients to understand their medium-term marketing objectives and plan effective digital and virtual event campaigns to fit their needs
- Creatively plan & effectively present marketing campaigns to both clients and their agencies
- Effectively manage personal pipeline to maximise both yield and revenue
- Achieve (as a minimum) productivity targets
- Work closely with customer-success to facilitate long-term working partnerships between our brands and our customer-base.
- Work closely with your counterpart in the business development team to ensure all new business contracts are onboarded and handed over to the CS and account management teams in a timely and smooth fashion
- Work with the Head of Accounts to design your own personal sales plan
- Maintain all internal process and systems to a high standard (eg Salesforce and ‘key performance indicator’ systems)
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working within B2B media and/or event sales; weighted towards account management sales
- Excellent selling, negotiating and closing skills
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Comfortable with high-activity call and email prospecting
- The confidence to connect and build rapport with a range of personas
- Exceptional organisational skills – the ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Data-driven and ability to constantly review and optimize sales process.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
- Ability to present at a senior decision maker level.
- Great attitude: proactive and energetic, enthusiastic and fun to work alongside, with a strong work ethic
- Highly organised and structured planner with the ability to deliver projects on time
- Outstanding people skills with the ability to develop relationships with a wide range of individuals
- Completely invested in driving both individual and team success
- Excellent accuracy/attention to detail essential
- Commercially aware
- A problem solver
- Able to remain calm under pressure in a fast-moving environment
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Contentive see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- 25 days of paid holidays (plus a Birthday Day and an additional day off around Christmas)
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary.
- Pension Scheme
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Your career is in your hands. We expect you to take ownership of your own career development and of course, we are here to support and guide you. Our career pathway is designed to clearly highlight the different avenues you may wish to take during your career with Contentive. We encourage you to have open and honest conversations about how you are performing in your role and ask for feedback. We adopt the growth mindset principle to development. “Success is not an accident; success is a choice.” – Stephen Curry.