Launched in 2019, the Koodoo platform provides mortgage comparison services to the UK’s leading comparison and personal finance sites including Compare The Market, Confused.com, ClearScore and The Times. Our white-label mortgage journeys and API integrations with leading lenders and brokers help hundreds of thousands of consumers find the perfect mortgage for them each month online. We are now extending the platform to provide a full digital origination service to our partners. Leading lenders and investors will use the platform to reach millions of UK borrowers online, bringing them an outstanding digital-first customer experience and new, more flexible mortgage products needed by today’s homeowners. Our origination service is going live with our first lending partners in H1 2022.
About the role
Koodoo handles millions of requests every year for some of the largest financial institutions in the U.K. all whilst providing critical analytical reports to our partners on a frequent basis and do so reliably with high confidence.
As we look to extend our platform to include full mortgage origination, our reliance on every single data entry in our analytical warehouse becomes even more critically important to the business. We’re looking for passionate problem solvers with a strong background in data engineering and analytics to allow us to scale while maintaining insight rich dashboards with a secure data architecture supported by well designed data models and pipelines.
Employee value proposition:
Our team of Koodoods is made up of skateboarders, snowboarders, readers, guitarists (sooo many guitarists), chess players, hikers, plant growers, DJs, motorcyclists, from cat people, dog people, even pig people and many different types of kind hearted people.
We are a passionate team who care about each other, and are driven to make a difference through great collaboration, and open communication.
- Find or be sent the role profile
- Read it and get excited
- Tell us you are interested (apply, email, perform interpretive dance)
- Meet the hiring managers for your role, quiz us on the information in the profile & more about Koodoo
- Complete an offline technical challenge, helping us learn more about how you solve problems
- Meet more of the team and answers some technical questions
- Tell everyone how amazing your life has become
- Invite your friends and get a referral bonus!
Day to Day
- You’ll collaborate with other engineers, delivery teams and product managers to deliver robust and scalable data pipelines and analytics dashboards for our digital mortgage origination platform
- You’ll be responsible for shaping and maintaining our data processing standards and best practices
- You’ll attend sprint ceremonies such as planning sessions, retrospectives, and project roadmapping exercises
- You’ll empower our product and insight teams by ensuring our analytics suite provides rich platform insights with relatively low latency
- You’ll learn about the wider technology ecosystem to help us deliver and innovate the features of our data platform
- You’re passionate about modern data technologies, languages and platforms such as MongoDB, SQL, and Snowflake
- You understand the nuances and complexities that come with composing well designed data models. Particularly for financial entities such as transaction ledgers.
- You care deeply about security and privacy and go the extra mile to ensure your data processes are architected in a way to mitigate potential security threats
- You treat data and their supporting pipelines as a first class citizen
- You like to get involved with a multitude of things, rather than specialising in a specific area
- You have a proven track record of designing data processing workflows over cloud infrastructure. Ideally, you’ll already have a level of experience in a similar field to data engineering or ELT/ETL development and are highly proficient with SQL and relational as well as non-relational data technologies.
- We are Empowered - If it’s to be, it's up to me
- We Deliver - We hold ourselves to high standards, we get results and we do what we say we will
- We Empathise - We listen, we support, we care - for each other, our partners and customers
- We are focused - We are committed to what we do, determined to succeed and we obsessively prioritise to achieve our goals
- We are Passionate - We are proud of our work, our product and our team and relentless in solving the problems in our industry
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme, Bonus scheme, Life insurance
- Flexible benefits package
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy more)
- Flexible working (We’re remote friendly and also have available office space in Nottingham and London)
- Company issued MacBook Pro or Dell XPS 13 (depending on your choice) along with accessories
- Investment in training and conferences
- 10% time to develop new ideas and experiment with new technologies
- Regular hackathons and events to promote team working and on going learning
- Sunshine time in the darker months
- Wellbeing and other Koomittees (see what we did there!) organising a range of activities