Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Practice Lead & Programs Director
Tampa, FL / Remote
About Hive Learning
Hive Learning is on a mission to disrupt corporate learning — a pursuit more relevant now than ever before. Face-to-face training is mostly impossible right now (and was never that effective before), and most traditional online learning systems are grey, boring... and, frankly, rubbish if you ask us.
Our magic? Peer learning. Bringing people together to learn from the awesome programs we’ve built, and most importantly each other. We’re all about creating behavior change by getting communities to drive daily habits together. We’ve taken the good parts of social media and learning software, and dropped the bad, boring stuff. We’re making learning exciting, modern and accessible for everyone.
And today, we help workforces all over the world build a culture of learning, inclusion, collaboration and innovation. Millions of people learn together every year using the Hive Learning platform.
We’ve got some awesome customers including Deloitte, Barclays, Sun Life, two of the world’s top business schools and multiple world-leading sports organizations and not-for-profits like Shout and Place2Be.
We’re backed by Europe’s leading venture builder, Blenheim Chalcot, and founded by legendary Rugby World Cup-winning coach Sir Clive Woodward. And we’re a team of 60 people (all working remotely right now) spread across London, Florida, New York and many places in between.
At Hive Learning, our products are striving to create a more equitable world. And for that reason, we take diversity and inclusion seriously in our hiring processes too.
We are committed to building a team that represents a whole host of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. If this job speaks to you but you're not sure you have the "right" experience, we'd encourage you to apply anyway and tell us why you'd be great here in your cover letter. If we can help with any special accommodations for your application or interviews, just let us know.
About the role
In 2018 we set out to build the world’s greatest digital inclusion toolkit — Inclusion Works. Since then we’ve created impact we’re really proud of in dozens of companies like Dow Jones and Sun Life, and we think we’re onto something special. We’ve grown rapidly in the last year, signed some awesome new clients and have figured out our formula for growth. So now we’re looking for people who share our passion for learning, collaboration and inclusion to help us supercharge our next phase of growth. We’re adding a number of new, critical roles like this one to help us keep up with demand and keep Inclusion Works best in class.
Your main goals will be to:
- Lead the development and implementation of our DEI learning program
- Consult with clients & prospects to deeply understand their needs and develop solutions that meet them
- Build our brand in DEI by representing Hive Learning at external-facing events
Some things your role might involve:
- Research client and learner needs, market trends, and the competitive landscape to shape the next set of resources to build for our DEI learning programme
- Oversee a team of experienced learning content designers, setting briefs, reviewing and signing off program content (potential to directly line manage in future)
- Establish and leverage an expert advisory board
- Support marketing team by leading DEI panel events, speaking at conferences, co-hosting our Inclusion Works podcast and contributing to thought leadership
- Train commercial teams on our DEI offering and how it fits in the market
- Join select sales and client meetings to consult on solution design as our resident DEI expert
- Lead our research on how organizations can create behaviour change in DEI
- Develop a strong network of contacts in corporate DEI
You’ll report to our Head of Programs and join a high-performing and super supportive programs team, but will work cross-functionally across the whole business, alongside marketing, product, partnerships and customer success teams.
Some words that might describe you, your skills, and your experience
Note that if this job speaks to you but you're not sure you have the "right" experience, we'd love you to apply anyway and tell us why you'd be great for this role in your cover letter.
- 3-5+ years experience working in a DEI role, with a track record of designing and delivering DEI change programs at scale
- You’re a DEI subject matter expert and an infinite learner, and you always have your eye on the latest DEI challenges and trends
- You’re able to wrap your mind around complex ideas and distill out essential concepts to teach others (in order to map program topic areas and learning journeys)
- You’re an excellent communicator, comfortable engaging with internal and external audiences operating at a very senior level
- You have commercial acumen, as in this role you’ll juggle competing demands and need to prioritize the greatest opportunities for the business
- You’re comfortable writing and editing long-form content (like whitepapers and reports)
- You have strong teamwork skills, including an understanding of how to partner with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally
- You have learning design or transformation experience
- You have experience building and implementing a corporate DEI learning program
- You already have a large network of DEI contacts
- You have experience in other HR roles, like Learning and Development, Leadership Development or Talent Management
What we’d like to offer you
- An exciting and meaningful challenge with the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the next phase of our growth
- A supportive and inclusive environment in a forward-thinking and energetic team
- Be part of the broader Blenheim Chalcot family — connect with and be mentored by some of the incredible people that work in the 20+ other startups in our ecosystem
- Fun virtual activities and occasional all company gatherings face-to-face
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave + a bonus day off on your birthday
- Benefits eligible
- At Hive Learning we embrace diversity and equal opportunity, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- NOTE: Ideally we’re hiring for someone based in Tampa, FL but we’re flexible about location for the right person, though you’ll need to be available for EST hours (8:00-5:00). If you’d prefer to be a remote worker and not someone that comes into the office regularly, we’d still love to hear from you. However, we will only consider applicants who are US-based and have the right to work in the US.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Hive Learning an inclusive and supportive workplace.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on characteristics including race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status and chronic illness. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on protected characteristics, Hive Learning also strives to prevent subtler forms of inappropriate behaviour (like bias and stereotyping). Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place here at Hive Learning.