We are a new EdTech startup backed by the British Council and Blenheim Chalcot, the UK's leading digital venture builder. Our core offering is a free mobile English test that helps millions of people to unlock the potential that the English language gives them. (Today 1 in 4 people around the world are using or learning English. That’s nearly two billion people!)
We are a small and dynamic team excited to positively impact the lives of millions of people by making quality English language assessment available and affordable at scale. To date, over 2.5 million people have downloaded EnglishScore, and EnglishScore certificate holders reside in 150+ different countries.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly organised Product Manager with a track record of working with high-performing teams to ship software used at scale around the world.
You are an enthusiastic self-starter, detail-oriented, thrive in fast-paced environments, and proud to work on a product valued by millions of people around the world.
We are looking to make big waves in this industry and we want talented, interesting people to join us on the journey.
DAY TO DAY
You’ll be involved with every stage of product development at EnglishScore across all products and services, and responsible for working closely with technical and product leadership to refine features and support the development team through the delivery process.
A typical day might include:
- Joining the daily standup
- Writing user stories and working closely with developers to refine tickets further in preparation for sprint planning
- Participating in a product scoping session with senior leadership
- Monitoring performance of a recent release
- Working with customer service to understand user pain points and other feedback
- Working with QA to review a release candidate and determine the priority of any discovered bugs or issues
- Reviewing and prioritising the product backlog
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years experience, preferably in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change and new information; ability to thrive in uncertainty; an entrepreneurial mindset
- A strong understanding of business and product strategy; ability to see the big picture
- Highly effective analytical thinking to develop solutions, make recommendations, or propose action plans; a problem solver
- Strong experience with JIRA, Confluence, or similar systems; project or delivery management experience a big plus
- Strong written and oral English communication skills with careful attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively, influence and persuade
- An interest in mobile apps or English language assessment is a big plus!
We believe this position is best suited for someone who will have direct contact with our team in White City, London. We are flexible but looking for a commitment of 2-3 days per week in-office.
Our office building Scale Space is newly built and has taken extensive measures against the spread of coronavirus, including temperature checks, free masks, and covid testing kits. You can read more about the covid measures we have in place here.
We will be delighted if we can continue to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. This benefits us, our employees, our partners and our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we subscribe to British Council’s Equality global policy statement.