About Scale Space
Want to work for a dynamic company with big aspirations and plans to match?
Our mission is to unlock the potential of UK innovation by helping scaleups and innovative businesses to grow. 9 out of 10 UK startups don’t make it to scaling stage, because they lack formal support. This stifles innovation and causes a great loss of potential. Scale Space is here to help. How? By providing innovative scaleups with access to the right space, services, know-how and people, to support their growth.
Scale Space isn’t just a building, though we host our members in state-of-the-art facilities in London White City and Nottingham and we’re looking to expand into new locations too. Because we are backed by the UK’s leading digital venture builder Blenheim Chalcot, and connected to world leading universities, like Imperial College London, the University of Nottingham and the University of Edinburgh, we can provide our scaleup members with unique access to know-how, talent and research to help power their growth.
The marketing team is key to developing and articulating our proposition, embedding the brand throughout the organisation and generating awareness and demand. We are an ambitious team and are seeking a Marketing Manager to join us to help make Scale Space famous! This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at a particularly exciting time of growth.
The role has exposure to all aspects of marketing, with responsibility for managing a number of channels and platforms. You will be responsible for much of the day-to-day activity pertaining our brand and will also help us set key strategies and processes for social media, website, Hubspot and key partnerships.
We are looking for a proactive, super-organised, optimistic person who wants to make a big impression. You’ve got to be technically proficient (Hubspot knowledge is key), but also happy liaising with different stakeholders. If you don’t thrive on multi-tasking or working under pressure this probably isn’t the role for you.
What’s in it for you? Excitement, ability to make a big difference to the business quickly, a results-driven environment where you can work independently. You will be writing the playbook as you execute on it, so this will suit someone who likes pivoting from plans to actions at speed. You will be working with a lovely team who will push you but also support you. There are no politics at Scale Space, we are all about getting things done. Also, we are expanding rapidly and the job can grow with you.
- Day to day management of projects aimed at promoting our brand
- Creation & promotion of blogs and social media content
- Creation of specific campaigns: from concept through to delivery
- Support events from conception through to delivery and promotion
- Build partnership relationships and drive the delivery of partnership initiatives
- Monthly reporting to senior stakeholders
- Hubspot management: extract lists, set up flows, send emails, score prospects
- Management of agencies on specific projects
- Liaison with our White City and Nottingham operational teams to deliver on design requirements
- Creation of collateral to support the business
- Creation of our monthly newsletter to communicate with members and prospects
- Sales support, especially focused on CRM tasks
- Support with administrative tasks (e.g. POs. Invoices etc)
- You come from a small inhouse marketing team, or are from a marketing / branding / digital agency where you have handled projects end to end.
- You are an all-rounder, not a technical marketing specialist.
- You have experience across digital strategy, events, and setting up and managing marketing automation through Hubspot.
- You have (ideally) at least 3 years of relevant experience
Your Personal characteristics & skills
- Organised, doer, self-taught type
- Enthusiastic, go getter
- High personal quality standards and an attention to detail
- Can deal with senior stakeholders, collaborative
- Ability to pick up a brief and execute it consistently across different channels
- Must have:
- Hubspot proficient user who has set up campaigns/landing pages/scoring
- Excellent writing/content generation skills (blogs, social etc)
- Nice to have:
- basic design or video editing skills
What we can offer you:
- Be part of growing Scale Space and our exciting journey to create environments for our customers to scale their businesses
- Be exposed to the right mix of challenges and learning and development opportunities
- A fun and open atmosphere
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days of holiday plus 8 days bank holidays per year
- Flexible benefits: private medical and dental, gym subsidies, purchase additional holiday.
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance at 4x annual salary
- Financial wellbeing: access to Salary Finance loans and quarterly 1-to-1 sessions with a financial advisor
- Cycle to Work scheme
We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent.
You will meet several people from our team, and will be asked to put together a short presentation at the end of the process.
Individuals seeking employment at Scale Space must note that we see diversity as something that creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.