How we help our customers
Fospha is the market leading direct to consumer growth platform. We help our clients acquire customers sustainably, forever. We achieve this by harnessing our clients’ 1st party data and the power of machine learning and technology... our ever-growing list of clients includes many well-known, innovative brands. We are a fully independent platform and our customers love us because we help them successfully navigate the ever growing complexity of marketing.
Fospha is part of the Blenheim Chalcot Group, a venture incubator with combined sales in excess of £350m and £500m of assets under management. We’ve been operating fully remotely since March 2020 but are excited about moving in to our new workspace - ScaleSpace – a shared hub with our partners at Imperial College which will bring London’s brightest minds under the same roof, creating a unique ecosystem to foster innovation and disruptive technology; though we’re committed to retaining the positives of remote work and allow WFH ongoing.
Our team is mostly based in the UK. This role requires you to work in the UK, and be in our London office from time to time, but can be a remote and flexible role.
Who are you?
First and foremost, you are a software engineer strong in at least one of Java or Python; and also in SQL. We believe that top engineers are adaptable and multi-disciplinary. Your involvement will cover all parts of planning, designing, explaining, testing, implementing, deploying and supporting our solution.
You’ve made mistakes but you’ve learned from them. Data, security, and performance are all in your blood, but you also know that collaboration and teamwork is essential. You'll be at a mid or senior level of experience.
You will need to be confident across the stack; you are equally comfortable optimising the database schema and building RESTful APIs. You are excited by working in a cross-functional team of smart product people, software engineers and data-scientists. Flexibility and fast-paced iteration don’t scare you because you know that’s the path to success. You care about more than just shipping code, you want to build and grow with the business
We are looking for engineers with Java or Python experience of building and running large systems in production for real users.
You will work within our product engineering team to build and improve our applications and systems. These include:
- the Fospha Marketing Suite (FMS) which is the primary user interface our customers interact with; and
- the data platform and integrations that collect and process data for our customers; and
- our internal tools.
Day to day your core focus will be working as part of the scrum team delivering stories to extend the FMS solution. This means you must:
- Be fluent in at least one of Java or Python; and also in SQL
- Know how to strike the right balance between pragmatic agile iterative development and longer term investment to manage technical debt.
- Be able to effectively design APIs and database / object schemas
- Be able to take ownership of issues - to analyse and identify problems not faced before.
- Be an excellent communicator and fluent in English.
There are a few other areas where knowledge would be useful but not essential, including:
- Knowledge of online marketing and associated technologies; ad-platforms; CRMs
- Building and deploying data science solutions into production systems.
- Knowledge of machine learning, deep learning and probabilistic programming libraries
- Architecting and implementing with GDPR / privacy by design and implementing appropriate security requirements
- Familiarity with BI tools
- Any cloud platform: AWS; Azure; GCP
And to do this well at Fospha, we expect you will have experience of many of the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Gitlab; Jenkins
- Current experience in an Agile Test Driven Development environment.
- Collaborating with Product Owners, UX teams, and other stakeholders
- Seek inclusion & diversity: We create an environment where everyone feels welcome and people are encouraged to speak and be heard
- Work Hard, Work Well, Work Together: We take responsibility for making things happen, independently and together; we help colleagues in need and close loops, making sure our work is complete and has lasting impact
- Grow: We are proactive, curious and unafraid of failure
- Customer at the heart: We care about the customer, feel their pain and love building product that solves their biggest problems
- Candour with caring: We deliver candid feedback with kindness and receive it with gratitude
Brands are too dependent on advertising platforms to tell them how to spend budgets. We help them stop wasting money and find opportunities to grow. Our product delivers the most precise, independent measurement of marketing activities. We do this better than anyone else in the world. Our clients reach their full potential, acquiring and retaining customers sustainably, forever.
We are a mix of individuals from data scientists and engineers, product people, marketers and entrepreneurs. We have very different personalities. We are united by a set of values, by a passion for solving big problems.
- Remote or office based role;
- Flexible hours
- A fair salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Private health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Online training (choose between Coursera for Teams and Pluralsight)
- A cycle-to-work scheme