Emerging Media Investment Associate
Emerging Media is the Sports & Media investment vehicle of Blenheim Chalcot (“BC”), managing BC’s controlling stake in the Rajasthan Royals IPL franchise. Emerging Media is looking to expand our team, in order to capitalise on the success and brand value of the IPL.
BC is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and infrastructure. Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries being disrupted by digital including FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Sports & Media, Charity and more. We are highly entrepreneurial and seek opportunities where digital technologies can disrupt major markets - ventures we have built range from ClearScore to Agilisys and AVADO to the Rajasthan Royals IPL cricket franchise.
Our portfolio of 19 companies have each been conceived and launched by us and now have total sales of over £400 million and more than 3,000 employees. Our assets under management stands at greater than £1.2bn. Our portfolio companies vary in stage from seed to venture to late growth and are based in our offices across London, Nottingham, Edinburgh, New York, Boston and Mumbai.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Associate to join Emerging Media to support on defining and executing the investment strategy of Blenheim Chalcot’s Sports & Media portfolio. This role will be part of the wider Blenheim Chalcot Pioneer programme developed to create the future leaders of our tech ventures and scale ups. The programme will give the successful Associate the opportunity to develop and grow their entrepreneurial toolkit and set them up for longer-term success within our wider group.
The successful applicant will get deeply involved with reviewing the growth and funding strategies for ventures from incubation-stage concepts to standalone, high-growth businesses. As well as driving new ventures, the role forms an integral part of building Emerging Media into a scalable multi-asset investment platform.
Expanding the Sports & Media Strategy:
- Sourcing and assessing investment opportunities in Sports & Media, prioritising those with strong synergies with crickets/IPL/South Asia
- Defining the proposition, problem addressed, TAM, BC advantage, unit economics and fit within the BC Sports & Media portfolio
- Presenting to the Investment Committee
- Tracking and interpreting KPIs and helping make strategic recommendations
- Being a key support on transactions – raising capital (debt & equity) and M&A processes
- Financial modelling
- Project manage execution of investment into the companies
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 2-years professional experience in a role which requires a high degree of strategic and financial analysis. Venture capital, investment management, accounting or relevant start-up experience would be advantageous
- Data-driven, numerical mindset with strong attention to detail and the ability to identify trends and anomalies
- Excellent organisational skills, proactivity, and willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Interest in developing further technical and financial skills, and a desire to grow within the role
- Commercially minded whilst being innovative and entrepreneurial
- The role involves significant data analysis and the successful candidate will be highly experienced with MS Office applications – with excellent Excel modelling and experience of data platforms being a minimum requirement
- Transaction experience (M&A, ECM/DCM) highly advantageous with strong modelling/financial analysis
- University degree
- Comfortable dealing with high profile stakeholders
- Passion for sports essential
What we can offer
- A fast-paced and exciting role in the central team within the UK’s largest venture builder
- Ownership and responsibility to make things happen and make a real difference, in a diverse and innovative organisation
- A variety of training courses in soft and technical skills
- A friendly, start-up environment with fast-moving, entrepreneurial team culture
- Ability to grow long-term within Blenheim Chalcot – with opportunities for secondments into portfolio companies
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, learning allowance, cycle to work scheme and many office perks and activities
We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.