Partnership Director, US
ABOUT HIVE LEARNING
Hive Learning is on a mission to disrupt corporate learning; a pursuit that is more relevant now than ever before, as face-to-face training is mostly impossible but most traditional online systems are grey, boring... and frankly terrible if you ask us! Our magic? Peer learning. All the stuff that makes social media addictive and more - we are all about creating behavior change by getting communities to drive daily habits together. We are making learning exciting and modern. We help workforces all over the world build cultures of learning, inclusion, collaboration and innovation. Our apps, content and activation teams help millions of people learn together every day.
We are proud to work with the likes of Pepsico, Jaguar Landrover, Deloitte, Barclays, Boots, two of the world’s top business schools and multiple world-leading sports organisations and not-for-profits like Shout and Place2Be.
We’re backed by Europe’s leading venture builder, Blenheim Chalcot, and founded by legendary Rugby World-Cup-winning coach Sir Clive Woodward. And we’re a team of 50 people (all working remotely right now!) spread across London, New York and many places in between.
And now, thanks to new client growth, we’re looking for people who share our passion to help our clients rapidly accelerate culture change in their organisations so they can continue to grow and help their people grow with them.
At Hive Learning, our products are striving to create a more equitable world. And for that reason, we take diversity and inclusion seriously in our hiring processes too. We are committed to building a team that represents a whole host of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. If this job speaks to you but you're not sure you have the "right" experience, we'd encourage you to apply anyway and tell us why you'd be great here in your cover letter.
This is a management role and senior commercial team position. It would be well suited to an individual that has experience managing large corporate accounts and senior stakeholders within them. That said, we’re open to hearing from you if you have taken a different path, for this role we need you to be comfortable acting as a peer to senior stakeholders (e.g. Director level HR professionals) and have a strong commercial awareness.
It’s important that you have a passion for delivering great customer outcomes, are highly adaptable, and love the idea of working in disruptive tech and solving hard problems. The role involves strategic thinking and consultancy paired with account management and solution development. As Partnerships Director, you will report to our GM of the New York office and be joining an energetic, supportive team with a proven track record of delivering high impact and value to our clients.
In this role, you will be given a number of accounts to lead and manage 1-2 Customer Success Managers to work across them with you. The Partnerships and Customer Success teams are one of the most important teams in our business as they fuel our growth by ensuring customers have a first-class experience.
It's a challenging role, balancing both commercial and experiential priorities, but get it right and it's one of the most rewarding in the company. The most consistent piece of feedback we get from customers is how amazing our team is at co-owning their challenges and innovating through them together to get results, it’s something we’re very proud of and is now part of our DNA. This is a rare opportunity to help shape an exciting business from the outset, working in a passionate, welcoming team with the chance to succeed in a growing market.
- Leading exceptionally strong relationships with customers from the point of initial sale through their lifetime as a partner with Hive Learning, delivering them success and us account retention and growth
- Lead in consultation and design of our solution, with constant data and insight led iterations to drive results
- Constantly deliver our partners value not only from our product and service, but from sharing broader expertise and insight, and provide healthy challenge to existing methods or processes that could be improved
- Managing Customer Success Managers to ensure excellent level of service, helping customers continually achieve their objectives and ensuring their measures of success are met
- Savvy and commercial to prioritise resources based on customer opportunity, and stay close enough to success to identify any that are 'at risk' early, and set recovery plans where required
- Working to quarterly targets, identifying opportunities to grow and expand Hive Learning’s platform and services inside the client organisation, selling and implementing these
- Approaching account management with a new business mindset, proactively finding and developing opportunities globally across your customers
- Creating and owning strategic account plans; deep understanding of client businesses, their challenges and processes, creating and maintaining relationships between Hive and all key stakeholders across their business
- Representing clients’ needs to the rest of the Hive Learning team (e.g. management team, Board members, product/technology team) to capitalise on learnings and ensure continuous progress with your clients and for the overall business
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- Degree level education or equivalent life experience
- You'll be working with clients a lot, so ideally you'll get energy from working with people. You're comfortable communicating and building very senior relationships
- You love getting to grips with the broader company strategy and are able to put your work into context with the big picture and contribute customer insight to building the wider strategy
- You are autonomous, have a growth mindset and you’re always looking to learn; you’ll enjoy seeking out your own ways to become an expert in corporate culture change and enjoy challenging your customers to get them better results
- You excel in a high-growth environment, working at startup pace, embracing change and adjusting course regularly
- You’re a strategic and analytical thinker who has a proactive approach to solving problems
- You have a sharp attention to detail and are highly organized.
- A bonus would be that you have experience working in or with corporate HR, Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion functions or disruptive corporate technologies.
- The opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking, energetic team with a passion for learning and making a difference
- The opportunity to be part of a start-up to scale-up, disrupting a major market - be part of building a unique product that is becoming a house-hold name in corporate tech
- Opportunities to learn, grow and try something new in a teamwork-focused and encouraging environment designed to help you be your best self
- Continuous opportunities to learn; take part in frequent development events and expert sessions hosted at Blenheim Chalcot, plus connect and be mentored by some of the incredible people that work here in the 30+ other start-ups we are sister companies with
- Fun activities, nights out, office fruit, beverage fridge stocked with everything from beer and fizz to coconut water and San Pellegrino
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave + a bonus day off on your birthday
- Private health care
- At Hive Learning we embrace diversity and equal opportunity, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- NOTE: We are fully remote at the moment and don’t see us heading back to the office until it is fully safe to do so. When we return we expect to be much more hybrid - and so are really open to discussing how you’d like to work and where.