Sustainability Director - Learning Content
UK-based, in London office at least 2 days/month
About Hive Learning
Hive Learning is the peer learning platform that helps companies create big behavioural shifts across their workforce quickly and at scale. Our peer learning programmes and networks help companies build skills in areas like inclusion, mental health, and leadership — and we’ve set our sights on sustainability next.
We’ve just had our biggest ever year of growth and created tonnes of impact we’re really proud of for customers like Legal & General, Boots, and the mental health charity Shout.
In short, we’re a B2B SaaS business in scaling mode and we’re looking for a Sustainability Director - Learning Content to lead the creation of an exciting new learning programme in corporate sustainability. This is a really varied role, incorporating learning design, client-facing consultation, brand-building and much more!
About the role
You’ll join a high-performing and super supportive programmes team, but will work cross-functionally across our whole business, alongside marketing, product, partnerships and customer success teams.
Your main goals will be to:
- Lead the design, development and implementation of a sustainability learning programme with real impact
- Consult with clients & prospects to deeply understand their needs and develop solutions that meet them
- Build our brand in sustainability by representing Hive Learning at external-facing events
Some things your role might involve:
- Research client and learner needs, market trends, and the competitive landscape to shape a sustainability learning programme
- Oversee a team of experienced learning content producers, setting briefs, reviewing and signing off programme content
- Create and leverage an expert advisory board
- Support our marketing team with the sustainability go-to-market strategy, including shaping our proposition and contributing to thought leadership marketing
- Train commercial teams on sustainability and how our offering fits in the market
- Lead our research on how organizations can create behaviour change in sustainability
- Develop a strong network of contacts in corporate sustainability
Some words that might describe you, your skills, and your experience
Note that if this job speaks to you but you're not sure you have the "right" experience, we'd love you to apply anyway and tell us why you'd be great for this role in your cover letter.
- 5-7+ years experience working in a sustainability, transformation or learning design role
- You’re a sustainability subject matter expert
- You’re able to wrap your mind around complex ideas and distill out essential concepts to teach others (in order to map programme topic areas and learning journeys)
- You’re an excellent communicator, comfortable engaging with internal and external audiences operating at a very senior level
- You’re comfortable writing and editing long-form content (i.e., whitepapers and reports)
- You’re able to balance tactical delivery with the bigger picture, and use that perspective to prioritise
- You have strong teamwork skills, including an understanding of how to partner with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally
- You’re an infinite learner who is curious, seeks out feedback and collaboration, and is always seeking a better way
- You have learning design experience
- You have experience leading a corporate sustainability programme
- You already have a large network of contacts in corporate sustainability
- You have strong commercial acumen
- You have experience in the HR / Learning and Development / Leadership Development / Talent Management space
Currently, all roles are remote. But when it’s safe to do so, you’ll have the option to work from our London office in White City up to three days a week, or stay mainly remote. Mainly remote to us means you’ll attend fortnightly team meetings and quarterly whole company events in White City, and attend important client meetings in and around London. Note that we will only consider applicants who are UK-based and have the right to work in the UK.
What we’d like to offer you
- An exciting and meaningful challenge with the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the next phase of our growth
- The chance to grow with us - there are no limits to how far this role could take you
- A supportive and inclusive environment in a forward-thinking and energetic team
- Be part of the broader Blenheim Chalcot family - connect and be mentored by some of the incredible people that work in the 20+ other start-ups in our ecosystem
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Up to £800 flexible benefits package – you pick a combination from a list including medical insurance, dental cover, gym membership and much more.
A quick note on how we hire
Our products are striving to create a more equitable world. And for that reason, we take diversity and inclusion seriously in our hiring processes too.
We’re committed to building a team that represents a whole host of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.
And if this job speaks to you but you're not sure you have the "right" experience, we'd love you to apply anyway and tell us why you'd be great for this role in your cover letter.