Community and Events Manager
Who We Are, What We Do
Scale Space is an exciting joint venture between Imperial College London (a global top 10 University) and Blenheim Chalcot (the UK’s leading digital venture builder) which is building a 200,000 ft2 innovation centre in the heart of Imperial College’s White City Campus.
This centre is home to many of Blenheim Chalcot’s businesses, part of Imperial College Business School and other high growth innovative businesses who will be part of the business building ecosystem we are creating.
Our vision for Scale Space is to create a facility which will foster ‘collisions’, collaboration and innovation between tenants, including facilitating access to Imperial College London’s research and talent, and to Blenheim Chalcot’s venture building expertise. Some companies will lease, fit-out and occupy their own tenancies (6,000ft2+), the design of the common elements look to enable this collaboration. There will also be managed office options available to smaller companies taking space in the building, as well as those leasing their own space.
Phase A of Scale Space has delivered 100,000 ft2, which opened in June 2020 with Phase B due to be operational in May 2021 delivering a further 75,000ft2. We are now looking for the person who will be responsible for delivering against our vision of delivering a truly differentiated experience for our members every day.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, creative and passionate Community and Events Manager for Scale Space White City. This is a newly created full-time role, reporting to the General Manager. Proactivity and exceptional customer service will be in your DNA, whilst constantly striving to improve our member experience.
Your main responsibility will be supporting and building the Scale Space community, by providing an outstanding total customer experience to all of our stakeholders that represents the Scale Space values. You lead and mentor the front of house team and will work closely with the facilities team to ensure all our spaces best represent the Scale Space brand.
Events are an important focus for our members, and you will also be responsible for working with the wider team to put together an exciting and relevant events programme for our community, whilst also ensuring the member events run smoothly.
You will help make our building a great place to visit, a great place to be and act as an ambassador for the Scale Space brand. As one of the most visible people in the building, you will help us build a great culture and set our standards for great service and facilities. You will build meaningful relationships with of all members, understanding their businesses’ needs to enable a tailored events programme to directly address their challenges and support the growth of their business.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
Community Management – Build and Grow a strong community
- Create an environment and culture where delivery of great service and experience to our customers is the priority.
- Create, develop and maintain the office procedure manual/policies to ensure delivery of a high delivery of key service interactions.
- Ensure all users and visitors receive a friendly, professional and efficient welcome to Scale Space.
- Manage the day to day running of the front of house and team, liaise with the facilities team to ensure the smooth operation, functionality and cleanliness of all areas.
- Deliver operational excellence for members in their own areas, where this is specifically agreed (e.g. initially for the Blenheim Chalcot businesses)
- Responsible for a smooth and comprehensive member onboarding experience. (registration of new members onto our system, access cards, office induction and tours)
- Conducting new and prospective member tours of the office space.
- Build strong relationships with members and guests, greet them by name and understand their business needs.
- Develop trust by delivering on your promises, maintaining professional standards and managing key messages professionally and courteously.
- Problem solve issues as they arise taking corrective action to avoid reoccurrence going forward.
- Have regular structured and ad-hoc check ins with community members and ventures.
- Seek out local partnerships with local groups and partners to bring opportunities, benefits and perks to the community members.
- Work with members to create connections and opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with members to understand their needs, carefully managing key stakeholders and gathering information about how we are doing, what we can do better and what we need to develop.
- Proactively seek, monitor, track and report on feedback to increase NPS
- Updating Scale Space Connect to ensure up to date and relevant information is available to our members.
- Work with FB company to ensure offerings meet member requirements gained from gathering feedback.
- Work with GM and HoGP to identify opportunities to deliver meaningful events to our community, linking members with key parts of Imperial College London and Blenheim Chalcot, as well as external partners, to support the business needs of members.
- Promoting events and sign up, fully tracking attendance and gathering feedback. Providing regular reporting to stakeholders.
- Fully project manage the large and key events.
- Proactively work with IT and member to ensure an adequate and fully tested AV solution is in place for all events.
- Deliver a varied range of events therefore ensuring relevant new content is consistently available on Scale Space Connect to support member engagement with our platform.
- Deliver events on time and within budget, which meet and strive to exceed expectations on quality and financial performance.
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to build engaging event experiences that ensure our events stand out.
- Where required, manage speakers, delegate/attendee expectations and conduct post event evaluations.
- Source and manage supplier relationships, to facilitate all possible requirements within the events programme.
- Support the organisation and delivery of community events and activities for and on behalf of our members.
- In line with the events element of the role, organise networking and social events for members to attend, whether these be regular i.e. yoga, social gatherings or one-off events i.e. talks, summer parties, etc.
- Support the GM and Sales team with managing sales enquiries through the sales process by following up on leads, sending out marketing literature and conducting viewings.
- Support GM and Sales with lease negotiations and renewals.
- Ability to Identify opportunities to streamline or improve processes.
- Regular update information on Scale Space Connect.
- Streamline the process of billing and invoicing.
- Ensure additional requests are correctly billed to members on a monthly basis.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure signage and all marketing material is on brand.
- Help to look after the building’s social media, oversee the newsletter and noticeboards in accordance with the marketing guidelines.
- Work with Facilities team to ensure Health and Safety Compliance throughout Scale Space.
- Manage and control distribution of visitor access cards, conducting regular audits.
- Provide cover for the team on reception when required.
- Manage and lead the front of house staff.
- Ensure OKRs are set for all team members and design effective induction and training plans.
- Carry our regular one-to-ones and identify opportunities for personal growth.
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Recruit, induct and train new members of the team
- Proactively manage incidences of poor performance
- Energetic and vibrant with a clear focus on exceptional service in order to satisfy our members and their guests.
- Inspire those around you with enthusiasm and motivation.
- Be pro-active and highly organised.
- Have a positive, can do attitude at all times and be prepared to be hands on when necessary.
- You will have a fun personality and the ability to work well without supervision.
- You will be great at multi-tasking.
- Experience leading a team.
- Experience in a similar role supporting 400+ members would be advantageous.
- Strong IT skills, Work and Excel
- Experience in delivering customer facing events is desirable.
- Ability to collate, process data into meaningful MI
- Experience of P&L management and invoicing would be desirable.
- Good working knowledge of various AV solutions
*No agencies please