This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who enjoys working with clients and a great team to join Contentive's commercial sales division. You will be a passionate individual with a can do attitude, determination to succeed and do the right thing for our clients.
- Achieve and exceed monthly; quarterly and annual sales targets
- Work autonomously to monitor and understand the buyer and vendor marketplace within your allocated patch to best spot opportunities
- Operate as a team player in the account management team and offering support to fellow colleagues
- Plan and execute customer coverage to maximise sales revenue, including face-to-face meetings, sales trips, and attendance at relevant industry events (when restrictions allow)
- Follow the direction of the sales plan to meet customer coverage objectives, with grading applied to prioritise customer engagement levels
- Build relationships and engage in in-depth, consultative conversations with potential clients to understand their medium-term marketing objectives and plan effective digital and virtual event campaigns to fit their needs
- Creatively plan & effectively present marketing campaigns to both clients and their agencies
- Effectively manage personal pipeline to maximise both yield and revenue
- Achieve (as a minimum) productivity targets
- Work closely with customer-success to facilitate long-term working partnerships between our brands and our customer-base.
- Work closely with your counterpart in the business development team to ensure all new business contracts are onboarded and handed over to the CS and account management teams in a timely and smooth fashion
- Work with the Head of Accounts to design your own personal sales plan
- Maintain all internal process and systems to a high standard (eg Salesforce and ‘key performance indicator’ systems)
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working within B2B media and/or event sales; ideally, weighted towards account management sales
- Excellent selling, negotiating and closing skills
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Comfortable with high-activity call and email prospecting
- The confidence to connect and build rapport with a range of personas
- Exceptional organisational skills – the ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Data-driven and ability to constantly review and optimize sales process.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
- Ability to present at a senior decision maker level.
- Personal Characteristics:
- Great attitude: proactive and energetic, enthusiastic and fun to work alongside, with a strong work ethic
- Highly organised and structured planner with the ability to deliver projects on time
- Outstanding people skills with the ability to develop relationships with a wide range of individuals
- Completely invested in driving both individual and team success
- Excellent accuracy/attention to detail essential
- Commercially aware
- A problem solver
- Able to remain calm under pressure in a fast-moving environment
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Contentive see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- 25 days of paid holidays (plus a Birthday Day and an additional day off around Christmas)
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary.
- Pension Scheme
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Your career is in your hands. We expect you to take ownership of your own career development and of course, we are here to support and guide you. Our career pathway is designed to clearly highlight the different avenues you may wish to take during your career with Contentive. We encourage you to have open and honest conversations about how you are performing in your role and ask for feedback. We adopt the growth mindset principle to development. “Success is not an accident; success is a choice.” – Stephen Curry.
Contentive is reinventing B2B media and events. Staying up to date in a fast-changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy execs to help them succeed in their roles. In turn, we offer suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our range of highly focused promotional solutions can help companies successfully capture their market, increasing brand awareness, delivering quality leads and ultimately providing a great return on their marketing investment.
We pride ourselves on the highly reputable brands we have in Contentive, these are split across four areas; Digital Marketing, FinTech, HR and Financial Services.
We are a technology led business, constantly innovating to improve the experience we offer our audiences. Our proprietary technology stack combines marketing automation and a customer data platform, allowing us to continuously monitor the topic and format preferences of our audiences. This enables us to personalise their experience – online or at an event – driving higher engagement rates and providing us with unrivalled intelligence and insight about each community’s behaviours and preferences.