EnglishScore is an edtech venture which is scaling rapidly as it becomes the global test and certificate of English for employability. We are backed by the British Council, the globally-renowned authority in English language teaching and testing; and by Blenheim Chalcot, the UK's leading digital venture builder.
- Our mobile English test (Android and Apple) is available in 170 countries.
- 1,000 employers and education institutions have signed up for a dashboard account, and this number will grow to hundreds of thousands.
- People from around the world have already completed over 1 million test sittings, and this number will grow to hundreds of millions.
CHALLENGE - MOMENTUM AND GROWTH IN INDONESIA
In 2019 we piloted the first version of the app, test and certificate in India. In 2020 we created a new version of the app and opened this up to other countries; also adding the dashboard for employers and education institutions. In 2021 we are focusing on growth and momentum in Indonesia. The population is 270m; 190m are in the employability sweet-spot of 17-35; and there are 50m students.
We want to push the growth and adoption of EnglishScore within a six month time frame. What this looks like:
- Employers signed up to use the dashboard, and to recognise EnglishScore (which aligns to a global standard called CEFR), as a valuable credential for current and aspiring employees.
- Education Institutions (in particular colleges and universities) signed up to use the dashboard, in their admissions processes, and in preparing students for the workforce.
- Distribution partnerships with ecommerce platforms, large edtech players, government, education and industry bodies.
The fruits of this investment should be reflected and measured in the growing organic adoption of the app and the test by target consumers, increased purchasing of certificates by aspiring employees, and growing revenues from the use of the dashboard.
We want someone on the ground in Indonesia with the ‘X’ on their head to make this happen. You will own the plan, the execution and the results. Through your familiarity with the Indonesian context, your network, and your commercial flare you will be able to shape the right plan to achieve the outcomes.
While you will be expected to act with some autonomy, you should assume that your activities and responsibilities will include the following:
- Governance - Chair a weekly/fortnightly working group of participants from the EnglishScore central team and the British Council local teams.
- Key accounts - Own the development of commercial relationships with marquee clients (employers, universities) and partners (ecommerce, edtech, government, education and industry); bringing in network connections, and senior players from EnglishScore and British Council as required.
- Pipelines - While you will get marketing support from central teams, you should own the development and progression of sales pipelines (employers and education), and the ultimate results as measured in signed up accounts and revenue.
Note: In parallel the central marketing team will be running digital consumer marketing campaigns to drive volumes of test takers to the app.
You will move quickly to prove the growth opportunity within the first six months. Get this right, and you can unlock the chance to drive this growth in Indonesia to its full potential.
You understand and are excited about this opportunity. You could make a difference to millions of people and businesses across Indonesia. You could be the person who looks back and says “I was there at the beginning. I was the one who drove the expansion and adoption of EnglishScore.”
You are a self-starter, who can work out what needs to be done, and gets it done.
You are very comfortable, confident and competent in developing commercial relationships at a senior level; and you can point to a number of experiences that have resulted in success and revenue growth.
You have a natural commercial acumen, and an entrepreneurial side that allows you to think on your feet and adapt to the context as it evolves in front of you.
You are super-organised, productive and professional - and others remark on how you leave this impression on them.
You are friendly and cooperative - partners and colleagues like to work with you.
You are a good communicator in the local languages that you deem to be important to achieve the objectives, and you have very good English communication skills (EnglishScore 500+).
NICE TO HAVE
You will probably have relevant direct and indirect connections that you can draw on.
You may have some experience in a relevant sector, such as education, HR, recruitment or SaaS.
- Fixed-term contract, or permanent role.
- By default, you will be remote-working - which is currently the norm for many people around the world during COVID. When it is safe to do so, we would expect that you would want to meet some key contacts face-to-face to achieve your objectives.
- We can organise access to the British Council offices. You will be the type of person who can organise ad-hoc office space or meeting locations should you need them.
- Location: Indonesia or Singapore.
We will be delighted if we can continue to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. This benefits us, our employees, our partners and our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we subscribe to British Council’s Equality global policy statement.