POSITION: Community Manager
REPORTING TO: Portfolio Director
As leader of our online community, the community manager is tasked with nurturing the community and expanding it, while ensuring it delivers on the community mission statement. They are curious, creative, dedicated to relationship building and committed to serving the needs of a growing network.
They are diligently focused every day on creating an environment that provides new ideas, advice, acceptance, approval; information, interaction, empathy, support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regular participation in the community, personally connecting with the members - troubleshooting, empathising, sympathising, moderating, facilitating, encouraging, connecting, developing relationships, all with personality and tact.
- Create connections and and establish credibility with community members by being authentic, knowledgeable and transparent. Using our content teams and the community to learn and share learnings.
- Create and execute a strategy to stimulate, sustain and grow the number of interactions, with an aim of turning lurkers into contributors, and contributors into participators.
- Develop an understanding of where your time is best spent for highest long-term impact, documenting and evolving these learnings as you develop your community development strategy.
- Spend time building relationships with the members and develop an understanding of their needs and desires, with the goal of fulfilling them more effectively.
- Recruit community influencers and anchors to act as ambassadors to inspire growth and then to keep people interested and engaged.
- Create collaborative workshops for the community, which tackle key challenges and opportunities, involving:
- Recruiting workshop leaders
- Stimulate interest in the workshops and co-ordinate sign-ups
- Developing the workshop agenda
- Edit and release the workshop outputs
- Use available data to track engagement, develop KPIs and extract learnings
The Ideal Candidate:
Experience & Skills:
- Educated to degree level
- 4 plus years experience in a customer interfacing role, b2b would be desirable along with event production experience
- A disciplined approach to projects which require rigour balanced with a natural creativity
- The role of the community manager will evolve as the community itself evolves and grows, so be prepared to develop your expertise in new and exciting ways.
- A fast learner who start projects from scratch and quickly assimilate learnings
- An ability to allocate time to wisely, reviewing project possibilities with discernment
- Ability to hold engaging conversations with C-suite business leaders and to contribute positively.
- Excellent copy writing skills
- Attention to detail
- A natural project manager
- An internal and external relationship builder
- A curiosity about how the world works
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Contentive see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
What we can offer you:
- 25 days of paid holidays (plus a Birthday Day and an additional day off around Christmas)
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary.
- Pension Scheme
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Your career is in your hands. We expect you to take ownership of your own career development and of course, we are here to support and guide you. Our career pathway is designed to clearly highlight the different avenues you may wish to take during your career with Contentive. We encourage you to have open and honest conversations about how you are performing in your role and ask for feedback. We adopt the growth mindset principle to development.
“There is no failure. Only feedback. – Robert Allen.
Contentive is reinventing B2B media and events. Staying up to date in a fast-changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy execs to help them succeed in their roles. In turn, we offer suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our range of highly focused promotional solutions can help companies successfully capture their market, increasing brand awareness, delivering quality leads and ultimately providing a great return on their marketing investment.
We pride ourselves on the highly reputable brands we have in Contentive, these are split across four areas; Digital Marketing, FinTech, HR and Financial Services.
We are a technology led business, constantly innovating to improve the experience we offer our audiences. Our proprietary technology stack combines marketing automation and a customer data platform, allowing us to continuously monitor the topic and format preferences of our audiences. This enables us to personalise their experience – online or at an event – driving higher engagement rates and providing us with unrivalled intelligence and insight about each community’s behaviours and preferences.