You will be working closely with and reporting to the Editor in helping maintain our portfolio's place as the primary source for news and in-depth analysis in the marketplace. This is a fantastic role for a hungry journalist keen to refine their reporting and writing skills while assisting in driving the content agenda on one of our largest portfolios. We will give the successful Journalist full market training, as well as guidance to refine and develop editorial skills across different medias. Further, the role will expose the successful candidate to the workings of a progressive, editorially and commercially driven department.
- Writing in-depth analytical features
- Covering industry events, interview key market stakeholders
- Content creation and production, ensuring diverse mix of styles
- Dissemination of content via a variety of media
- Involvement in our multimedia output
- Internal and external communication / relationships
- Show a clear understanding of the ‘beat’ for which you write, to ensure content produced/created effectively meets the needs of the audience and engages them appropriately
- Ensure all content is posted to the site in a timely manner, or scheduled to post as appropriate, and in agreement with the Editor
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in journalism
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Experience of creation, production and dissemination of engaging, shareable content relevant to the audience
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, with an inquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
- Experience in videography is desirable but not essential
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Contentive see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- 25 days of paid holidays (plus a Birthday Day and an additional day off around Christmas)
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary.
- Pension Scheme
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Your career is in your hands. We expect you to take ownership of your own career development and of course, we are here to support and guide you. Our career pathway is designed to clearly highlight the different avenues you may wish to take during your career with Contentive. We encourage you to have open and honest conversations about how you are performing in your role and ask for feedback. We adopt the growth mindset principle to development.
Contentive is reinventing B2B media and events. Staying up to date in a fast-changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy execs to help them succeed in their roles. In turn, we offer suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our range of highly focused promotional solutions can help companies successfully capture their market, increasing brand awareness, delivering quality leads and ultimately providing a great return on their marketing investment.
We pride ourselves on the highly reputable brands we have in Contentive, these are split across four areas; Digital Marketing, FinTech, HR and Financial Services.
We are a technology led business, constantly innovating to improve the experience we offer our audiences. Our proprietary technology stack combines marketing automation and a customer data platform, allowing us to continuously monitor the topic and format preferences of our audiences. This enables us to personalise their experience – online or at an event – driving higher engagement rates and providing us with unrivalled intelligence and insight about each community’s behaviours and preferences.