We are a brand new EdTech startup backed by the British Council and Blenheim Chalcot, the UK's leading digital venture builder. Our core offering is a free mobile English test that will help millions of people to unlock the potential that the English language gives them. (By 2020, two billion people will be using or learning English. That’s one in four people around the world!)
We are a small and dynamic team excited to positively impact the lives of millions of people by disrupting the English language assessment industry. We are based (mostly) in London.
We are looking for a part-time Scrum Master (4 hours per day) to work alongside our Product Owners and provide team facilitation including planning, monitoring, supporting, and communication to achieve successful software delivery.
The Scrum Master is responsible for team performance and improving velocity in a sustainable way. This usually means ensuring every team member has the tools and information they require to get their work done efficiently and on time, but you’re responsible for unblocking and improving the team in whatever way is needed.
DAY TO DAY
You’ll be responsible for:
- Guiding and coordinating the identification, definition and management of agile deliveries (full lifecycle) to meet business opportunities
- Owning, advocating, and teaching agile values and principles
- Ensuring that your team is always following the agreed agile framework/methodology and is looking for opportunities to continuously improve
- Orchestrating and facilitating team events/ceremonies and decision-making processes
- Ensuring that your team hold themselves to account against their working definitions and agreements
- Establishing processes to manage scope, risks and issues, workstream dependencies and constraints, within single and across multiple deliveries
- Remote or office based role
- Flexible hours
- MacBook Pro or machine of choice
- A fair salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life assurance of 4 times your annual salary
- Pension scheme
- A cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers