Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and infrastructure. Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries being disrupted by digital including FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. We are highly entrepreneurial and seek opportunities where digital technologies can disrupt major markets - ventures we have built range from ClearScore to Agilisys and AVADO to even the Rajasthan Royals cricket team.
Our portfolio of 19 companies have each been conceived and launched by us and now have total sales of over £400 million and more than 3,000 employees. Our assets under management stand at greater than £1bn. Our portfolio companies vary in stage from seed to venture to late growth and are based in our offices across London, Nottingham, Edinburgh, New York, Boston and Mumbai.
As part of our expansion strategy in 2020 and 2021 we will increasingly work closely with investment and strategic partners ranging from Google, WorldPay, Imperial College and some of the leading venture capital and private equity companies internationally.
The BC Investments Team
The Investments Team is responsible for defining and executing the investment strategy of Blenheim Chalcot, working to provide Portfolio Companies with the financial support and investment services they need to thrive. The team is responsible for monitoring and analysing the portfolio (existing and potential ventures), fundraising, M&A support, investment governance, marketplace engagement and investor relations – as well as incubating our next generation of ventures.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial individual with modelling experience to join the Investment Team. The new Portfolio Data Analyst will support our financial and KPI tracking across our portfolio companies, as well as fund management reporting to our base of investors. The role also offers a unique opportunity to be part of a small team which helps build and grow some of the most dynamic digital businesses in the UK and internationally.
The successful applicant will be responsible for tracking and reporting on the financial forecasts, KPIs and other performance data for our portfolio of 19 companies. In addition, they will have a key role supporting the production of data in regular reports for our growing base of investors. The role is designed to be an integral part of Blenheim Chalcot’s central function with progression opportunities within the team.
Portfolio Monitoring & Strategy
- Be part of the core investment analysis team working closely with Blenheim Chalcot founders to assess our ventures' performance
- Producing our in-depth Quarterly Portfolio Review analysis covering individual company performance and overall portfolio valuation / IRR
- Supporting the wider team in creating Investment Committee papers to make recommendations to key stakeholders
- Gathering and assessing financial and KPI data from portfolio CEOs / CFOs
- Helping support the capture and recording of data for the regular transactions we undertake including internal funding, venture capital investments or M&A processes
- Managing and keeping data up to date, including financials, equity and debt investments
- Interpreting performance data trends to support key strategic decisions
Investor Reporting Support:
- Working as part of the fund ops team to produce bi-annual reports and individual investor statements for our growing base of High Net Worth and Family Office investors
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong interest in the Venture Capital and technology space
- Data-driven, numerical mindset with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to identify trends and anomalies
- Must have strong and demonstrable modelling experience
- Experience using Dynamo or similar would be advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills, proactivity, and willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Interest in developing further technical and financial skills, and a desire to grow within the role
- University degree
- Minimum of 1-year professional experience in an analytical or data driven role
- Venture capital, investment management, accounting or relevant start-up experience would be advantageous
- Highly computer literate with demonstrable knowledge of MS Office applications
- Strong Excel modelling and PowerPoint skills are essential
- Experience with databases or CRM platforms are essential
What we can offer
- A fast-paced and exciting role in the central team within the UK’s largest venture builder
- Ownership and responsibility to make things happen and make a real difference, in a diverse and innovative organisation
- A variety of training courses in soft and technical skills
- Professional finance and accounting qualification support (e.g. CFA, ACCA)
- A friendly, start-up environment with fast-moving, entrepreneurial team culture
- Ability to grow long-term within Blenheim Chalcot – with opportunities for secondments into portfolio companies
- Permanent, full time role starting as soon as possible
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Annual bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, learning allowance, cycle to work scheme, free fruit and many office perks and activities
We have a rigorous recruitment process which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.