Fospha are changing the game for high-growth Direct to Consumer brands. We help our clients acquire customers sustainably, forever. We achieve this by harnessing the power of our clients’ 1st party data and the power of machine learning and technology. Our customers love us because we help them successfully navigate the ever-growing complexity of marketing, with unbiased, independent and actionable insights that really make a difference to their success. Our ever-growing list of clients includes many of our own favourite brands, by design.
Fospha is part of the Blenheim Chalcot Group, a venture incubator with combined sales in excess of £350m and £500m of assets under management. We’ve been operating fully remotely since March 2020 but are excited about moving in to our new workspace - ScaleSpace – a shared hub with our partners at Imperial College which will bring London’s brightest minds under the same roof, creating a unique ecosystem to foster innovation and disruptive technology; though our success with fully remote working means we’re open to consider exceptional candidates globally who can visit the UK regularly.
You are a senior data scientist with 5+ years of experience of solving complex problems in the marketing tech space. You're excited by the potential to make a real impact in a scaling business, where your influence will be important as both an individual contributor and a mentor to team members. You’ll develop the next generation of Fospha’s statistical and ML engines from R&D onwards, working closely with our customers to solve their biggest problems and having a lot of fun along the way.
We take fail fast to heart: a great place for experimenting with fast-paced research. We believe our people are great at what they do because they are smart, resilient and adaptable. They can quickly navigate their thinking between hierarchical levels and are willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done, no matter what their job title.
- Work closely with product, customer success, sales and software engineering teams to identify and solve key product and client problems.
- Use statistical, software and data expertise to answer both product and client needs.
- Contribute machine learning expertise to the prototyping and product improvement processes.
- Communicate technical concepts and analysis to a wide audience; including data scientists, product analysts and C-level members of the organisation.
- Translate business problems into tractable solutions.
- Ability to conduct statistical and mathematical research to solve relevant problems.
- Be client and data obsessed. Build great solutions to client problems and present insight that empowers them.
- A strong background in probabilistic programming and Bayesian modelling.
- Knowledge of machine learning, deep learning and probabilistic programming libraries (ex: Tensorflow, Pytorch, Scikit-lean, Pyro, etc..)
- Python (expert)
- Comfortable in building solutions in Linux environments.
- Familiar (or even comfortable) with deploying data science solutions into production systems.
- Background in mathematics & statistics (or equivalent quantitative background, minimum 5 years of experience in marketing-related/product company.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and teach other members of the team.
- We want to build a team with cognitive and technical diversity... so show us your strengths, show us what you are passionate about!
You will be able to demonstrate examples of our core principles:
- Embrace teamwork and collaboration.
- Honest and open-minded.
- Take responsibility for making things happen.
- Access to coaching in product development & leadership to serve you here and beyond.
- Opportunities to partake in structured training and leadership development programmes as part of Blenheim Chalcot.
- Extensive opportunities for progression for those who can prove themselves.
Competitive salary, pension scheme, collaborative company culture, social events, private healthcare insurance. We're constantly growing our benefits package.
Many problems are difficult to solve, especially at scale. They take the right team and environment. We are a mix of individuals from data scientists and engineers, product people, marketers and entrepreneurs. We have very different personalities. We are united by a set of values, by a passion for solving big problems.