We are a brand new EdTech startup backed by the British Council and Blenheim Chalcot, the UK's leading digital venture builder. Our core offering is a free mobile English test that will help millions of people to unlock the potential that the English language gives them. (By 2020, two billion people will be using or learning English. That’s one in four people around the world!)
We are a small and dynamic team excited to positively impact the lives of millions of people by disrupting the English language assessment industry.
Our team is mostly based in the UK, but we do not require you to be in the UK. However, to ensure we can continue collaborating well, we need you to be within two time zones of the UK.
We are looking for a talented senior iOS software developer to help us reach millions of people around the world.
Our technological stack is pretty open right now. iOS is authored in Swift (using SwiftUI+Combine), Android in Kotlin, and our (light and conventional) backend is written in Python. Our infrastructure is running on Heroku. We are early stage enough that nothing is set in stone, so you’ll be able to make a case for using any technology you think would help us reach our goals more effectively.
Machine learning and data science play a major role in our future as we scale to millions of downloads per year.
DAY TO DAY
Your core focus will be to grow the features and quality of our front end products. This means you must have:
- Hands-on skills with Swift and SwiftUI
- Built yourself with great user experience
- Knowledge of approaches and challenges building on other platforms
And to do this, we expect you’ll have experience of many of the following:
- The full lifecycle of software and mobile development including automated testing
- Building products for international audiences, including in multilingual environments
- Integrating with ecommerce and payment providers
- Using analytics tools to capture events from apps, and use that data to guide and refine development
- Collaborating with Product Owners, UX teams, and other stakeholders
- Interacting with a REST API
- Optimising performance
- Implementing with accessibility
- Remote or office based role
- Flexible hours
- MacBook Pro or machine of choice
- A fair salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life assurance of 4 times your annual salary
- Pension scheme
- A cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers