At AVADO, our Purpose is Unlocking potential and changing lives… Contributing to this requires all of our Group companies to be compliant not only with the law, but our own high standards and expectations, and taking a commercial approach in helping all our unique and special people to work in a way that is compliant with these business-critical matters. This role is designed to take the lead on this, working with our Head of Compliance & Risk Management. Sound interesting? Keep reading…
WHO DO WE NEED?
Keith, our committed and highly experienced Head of Compliance & Risk Management is looking for someone who wants to lead the team and the Avado Group in driving a commercially compliant mindset across the Group.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
To deliver the objectives of this role, you will be accountable for:
- Leading the team – the people and the process – to support the management of our important compliance and risk management agenda.
- Building on and maintaining, changing where required, our compliance framework (people, systems, policies and processes) in a way that is commercially- Purpose- and Values-focused.
- Leading the preparation, development and implementation of compliance reporting for various governance groups (including Group Board of Directors), and coordinating the delivery of actions and required outputs, including compliance investigations as required.
- Acting as designated / registered Money Laundering Reporting Officer, leading on and delivering our FCA obligations.
- Leading the business to be ISO-compliant, supporting the maintenance of our ISO 27001.
- Contributing to, and leading where necessary, the development and implementation of compliance-focused learning programmes for all Avado people.
- Managing the relationships with our external advisors, including QMS and FCA consultants, professional insurance brokers, auditors and external legal advisors.
- Ensuring the Group is kept up to date on regulations within all of our markets – domestic and international.
- Taking ownership of the CMP and sharing requirements as appropriate.
- Leading on the effective resolution of consumer / customer complaints, advising our customer-facing teams as required.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Experience in regulated environments, where experience of working with the FCA would be advantageous.
- A highly commercial outlook when delivering a compliance agenda that is central to a business’ success.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- A high level of credibility, professionalism and confidence in implementing a commercially focused compliance agenda.
- Exceptional leadership capability, with a coaching-first focus to delivering results through teams.
- Ideally, experience of working with Agile Methodology.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- A high degree of integrity and respect for confidentiality.
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR WORKING AT AVADO?
Being part of the UK’s leading EdTech company means more than just being good at what we do in our subject matter expertise. What you bring in terms of skills is obviously very important. But our first passion and skill really lay in helping individuals and organisations grow, using our “learning that works” methodology. With offices across the globe, you’ll get to collaborate with people from Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, USA, and across the UK. We use our skills to help people improve theirs.
And… just for being here, we offer you a culture that’s created and nurtured by super smart people and underpinned by our Values. Our Values of Accountability, Ambition, Care, Empowerment and Transparency were created for our people, by our people; they guide our thinking, decisions and actions, creating a truly unique place to work. You will also get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation and professional growth, enviable workspaces, serious personal development opportunity and a few nice job-related and lifestyle perks.
A FEW MORE THINGS ABOUT US…
We’re proud of what we’re doing and relentless in doing the right thing. In addition to this, we can offer you:
- A home in our growing, ambitious team, whose sharp focus is growing the EdTech industry;
- The opportunity to truly own and be responsible for making great things happen, making a real difference and working with some of the world’s leading brands;
- A fast and furious, exciting place to be with real challenge and a meaningful opportunity
… AND WE’RE HIGHLY INCLUSIVE
AVADO is one of those rare places where anyone from anywhere with any background or experience is free to come and do their very best work. We believe in the diversity of thought, as that’s what helps us help our customers and learners – whether investing in their own development, or having their employer invest for them. Equality, diversity and inclusion are values that are critical to our success; come and see for yourself.