At Avado, our purpose is unlocking potential and changing lives. We are looking for a Project Manager who’ll be responsible for making a real difference delivering outstanding e-learning programmes to expand people’s skill set, career goals, and truly change people’s lives across the world. Sound interesting? Keep reading…
WHO DO WE NEED?
Our Lead Project Manager is looking for a motivated and driven individual who’ll play an essential role in shaping a range of projects across Avado while supporting the ongoing development and evolution of projects – from conception through to delivery.
This individual will be at the forefront of each project and manage the development team to create high quality online and face-to-face learning that meets the needs of our learners.
Our product roadmap strives to keep us ambitious, with a full range of products scheduled for development or iterations. With multiple priorities, the Project Manager plays a key role to ensure that project scope and expectations are being met on time and within budget, as well as supporting and empowering our teams in the business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Project planning and coordination – You’ll be accountable for leading multiple teams and projects, with clear and timely communication to internal and external stakeholders; this includes creating and maintaining project plans, facilitating project meetings and ensuring milestone dates are achieved.
- Managing new product development and iterations – You’ll release new products or iterations of existing products to a schedule agreed with the Product Owner or client. You’ll act independently to oversee the project design and development activities, working closely with our in-house Learning Solutions team (production, creative designers, tech and content specialists) and agree deliverables. You’ll also actively analyse student feedback and data to make recommendations for updates with the Product Owner for future development.
- Directing quality control and implementing project management processes – You’ll be responsible for manging the QC process and making sure our products are produced to the highest standard. You’ll also be involved in creating and refining processes to improve product quality and development.
- Managing risk, budget and creating solutions – You’ll manage risk and budget throughout the product development cycle to ensure delivery against the agreed plan, escalating these risks as appropriate, and thinking of creative solutions to keep projects on time and within scope.
- Stakeholder management and governance – You’ll drive excellent stakeholder management, applying strong governance throughout the product development cycle while working to an agreed and consistent framework.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Solid project management skills (preferably with an awareness of agile); able to give evidence of successfully delivering to agreed timescales and scope
- Highly organised, solution-focused and creative with a strong work ethic
- Able to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere, keeping teams and individuals to tight deadlines while clearly communicating project updates to stakeholders
- Good attention to detail, high level of accuracy and an ability to understand and maintain processes and systems
- A confident person and a good communicator; able to work well with people from all levels of the business
- Flexible and good humoured under pressure; a great team player, able to work with a diverse team and flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Strong IT skills and competency in all Microsoft Office applications and project management tools (Smartsheets and Asana preferred)
- An interest in education and a passion for understanding how technology can transform the industry
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer a culture that’s created and nurtured by our teams. Our Values of Accountability, Ambition, Care, Empowerment and Transparency were created for our people, by our people.
- Professional growth and development opportunities to upskill and develop your own knowledge, including regular company-wide Learning Days, access to courses, departmental skill-sharing and processes, etc. – we practice what we preach and make sure we are always learning too!
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays and a birthday day off)
- Access to Perkbox scheme – discounts and freebies for shopping, food & drink, entertainment, fitness and wellbeing
- Flexible working, such as work from home days
- Free healthy food options in the office – including fruit and cereals
INSIGHT INTO WHO WE ARE
Avado has over 20 years of providing award-winning learning, and a real desire to bring the best possible learning experience to every professional. We’ve worked with businesses such as, GSK, FT, Saatchi & Saatchi, Vodafone, and EY. Many of our online and face-to-face courses are accredited by the likes of Google, CMI, AAT and ACCA, ensuring all their students get industry-recognised qualifications – allowing anyone, anywhere to become professionally qualified and further their career. Courses include Accounting and Bookkeeping, Learning & Development, Marketing, Data, IT and Human Resources.
… AND WE’RE HIGHLY INCLUSIVE
AVADO is one of those rare places where anyone from anywhere with any background or experience is free to come and do their very best work. We believe in the diversity of thought, as that’s what helps us help our customers and learners – whether investing in their own development, or having their employer invest for them. Equality, diversity and inclusion are values that are critical to our success; come and see for yourself.