Job Title: Receptionist / office co-ordinator role
Location: Hammersmith, London
Liberis is transforming business finance. We use the latest technology to make it simple and flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over £390 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks and financial services organisations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, with teams based in London, Nottingham, USA and Scandinavia. As we continue to grow we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance and continue to support our partners and customers in the underserved SME market.
We are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing fintechs in the UK for two years running.
Who are we?
Reporting into the Human Resources function, who are a team of six HR professionals based in London and Nottingham. The team are pivotal to ensuring that the Liberis working environment enables employees to do their best work.
Who are you?
You will proactively work to create a working environment for our London employees that is welcoming, motivational and fun. You are someone who loves to be organised and efficient, and who is able to plan ahead. You should have a professional and practical attitude and enjoy working as part of a team. You will have previous administration experience working with a variety of employees and clients.
What will you be doing here?
- Ensure smooth running of the London office
- Act as the main point of contact for employees for all facilities matters
- Liaise with TOG building managers to raise and resolve issues as necessary
- Manage the ordering and delivery of catering supplies (drinks, fruit, breakfast goods etc.) and ensure refreshments are regularly replenished
- Ensure the kitchen area is regularly checked and tidied as necessary
- Manage all desk moves across the London office, liaise with HR and IT to ensure awareness of people movements (new hires, leavers, transfers, LOA)
- Work with HR, IT and line manager to prepare welcome packs for all new starters
- Be responsible for the logistics associated with bi-monthly induction programme (refreshments, room booking, lunch arrangements etc.)
- Ensure office area and meeting rooms are tidy at all times (replenish drinks in meeting room fridges)
- Ensure that there is a Fire Officer, First Aider and health and safety for the office.
- Manage stationery supplies, review stock and place stationery/equipment orders as necessary
- Process invoices
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Committee including expense management, diary management, travel arrangements etc.
- Support employees with any workstation assessment requirements
- Approve all meeting room bookings on the 11th floor and liaise with TOG for meeting room bookings on the 1st and 13th floor
- Order and organise catering and refreshments for meetings as required, specifically for board meetings and meetings with external guests
- Provide a positive, welcoming first-point-of-contact for all guests and visitors to the London office
- Liaise with Lyric Square reception to ensure employees are notified that guests have arrived and arrange for them to be met and escorted to 11th floor
What can we offer you?
We are committed to creating an open, supportive and flexible work environment that provides our employees access to industry-leading opportunity. We are proud to have been recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women and a centre of Excellence For Wellbeing. We are a values-driven and culturally diverse community and we welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation or background.
We are passionate about empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers and for their own careers. We run a variety of initiatives to support our employees’ development from lunch and learn sessions to peer mentoring and formal training courses.
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Health insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Access to onsite gym
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Financial wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycle to Work and Technology purchases
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charitable giving
- Generous holiday entitlement including an extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials