We are looking for an innovative and dynamic individual who can lead a product development team for an m-commerce retail product. Leading a creative and talented pool of mobile and API developers will be the essence of your role. You will forefront the product’s development by being a Product Owner, who is highly experienced on working and leading an Agile setup. Understanding project commercials and delivering under stringent timelines will be an integral part of your KRAs. Being able to refine the product setup to being highly configurable for quick turnaround for customers will be a key part of your focus area.
Having been a Team Lead or Project Manager in a previous role is an advantage but you could currently be a Senior/Lead Developer who is demonstrating the above skills in your current role and are looking for the next level of growth into a leadership role.
In addition, you must be able to work extremely well with non-technical people to gather requirements and translate those into specifications for the team to develop. Having a positive attitude and being presentable in front of clients and potential customers will be a very important aspect of your role. Prior experience in technology around the retail industry will be an added advantage.
- Strong experience in Agile methodologies such as scrum, lean and similar
- Hands-on experience of being a Product Owner and/or Scrum Master
- Hands-one experience as a developer with strong fundamentals on object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of a full mobile development life cycle
- Strong understanding on web services and API integration
- Ability to technically challenge mobile and API developers with a focus of simplifying the product and maintaining high quality standards
- Ability to mentor the team in tricky situations with focus on achieving the result without compromising on quality
- Familiarity with version control with GIT, BitBucket, SVN or similar (either)
- Understanding on builds and release management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Prior experience on m-Commerce apps
- Prior experience in technology around the retail industry
- Agile certifications – Certified Practitioner, Scrum Master and similar
- Experience on iOS/Android/Python
- Delivery across the entire app lifecycle
- Act as a Product Owner and Scrum Master – gather requirements, scope functionality and translate those into specifications for the team, and then manage the team and delivery
- Ensure that coding standards and internal practices are being adhered to; ability to review code is an added advantage
- Engage in client communication and discussions with potential customer
- Be able to clearly explain and highlight the features of the product/iteration to stakeholders, customers and non-technical audiences
- Lead and manage all commercials
Experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of total experience with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
Skills and attributes:
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Professional conduct
Designation and salary:
Based on experience, skills and certifications
Bijou is an extensible white label mobile commerce mobile platform. It was developed to give retailers a simple, high performing m-commerce solution, at a time when they are seeing huge growth in their mobile traffic but with conversion rates that lag well behind desktop. The platform consists of three key elements:
- Simple browse-and-buy user interface on mobile apps, available on iOS and Android, which is outperforming typical mobile conversion rates by 3-5x
- Set of plugin integrations for existing e-commerce back end systems, so that getting onto the platform is as easy as possible for retailers
- Web-based content management system that lets retailers control merchandising, notifications and view the unique data points the platform produces
With Bijou, we aim to take Swipecard interface to new heights in fashion, retail and mobile commerce.
Bijou is part of the Blenheim Chalcot group that traces its roots back to netdecisions, the Internet services group founded in 1998. Back then, we set out to create companies that could transform industry sectors.
We have since built over 30 businesses in a variety of sectors, including IT services and outsourcing, financial services, education, travel, software, sport and media. Today, our companies have sales of over £300m and employ in excess of 3000 people. Working with entrepreneurs and co-founders, we continue to create and build businesses in these sectors, often from the ground up.