Job Title: Events Executive
Reporting to: PR & Communications Manager
Liberis’ mission is to transform small business finance for good. We use the latest technology and a unique partnerships model to make it simple and flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over £400 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks and financial services organisations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, with teams based in London, Nottingham, USA and Scandinavia. As we continue to grow we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance and continue to support our partners and customers in the underserved SME market.
We are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing fintechs in the UK for two years running.
Who are we?
We are the Marketing team and we are here to raise the profile of Liberis’ corporate and small business brands (Liberis Group and Liberis Finance respectively) through various online and offline activities, of which events plays a key role. There are currently nine of us in the team across the UK, US and Sweden
What will you be doing here?
- Manage Liberis’ events strategy which includes trade shows, partner events, conferences, roundtables, customer events and internal events. Opportunities – identify 3rd party events for us to attend
- Logistics – e.g. budgeting, liaising with suppliers, product/branding shipping
- Branding – stands, giveaways, sponsorship opportunities
- Team – identify the team to attend, brief them, support them during the event, follow-up/debrief
- Liberis hosted events – manage whole process. This includes finding and securing the venue, selecting food and beverages, sorting AV requirements, managing guest attendance and all logistics on the day
- Work closely with PR & Communications manager to ensure all content is on message and submitted on time
- Work closely with spokespeople to ensure they are fully prepared for any speaking engagements
- Manage delivery of social media content around events (pre, during and post)
- Manage the annual events budget and calendar
Who are you?
- 2-4 years B2B/corporate in events management (solid events experience a must, knowledge of tech/finance sectors a plus)
- Extremely organised with an eagle eye for detail
- Comfortable managing multiple workstreams
- A warm, friendly manner - confident managing exhibition stands and talking about Liberis’ proposition
- A self-starter who is proactive, thinks outside the box and is full of ideas
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys being hands-on
- Quick on your feet and confident managing different stakeholders (internal and external)
- Excited at the prospect of building Liberis’ brand and passionate about our mission to democratise access to finance for small businesses
- Fantastic oral and written communication skills and confident using social media channels
What can we offer you?
We are committed to creating an open, supportive and flexible work environment that provides our employees access to industry-leading opportunity. We are proud to have been recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women and a centre of Excellence For Wellbeing. We are a values-driven and culturally diverse community and we welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation or background.
We are passionate about empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers and for their own careers. We run a variety of initiatives to support our employees’ development from lunch and learn sessions to peer mentoring and formal training courses.
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Health insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Financial wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycle to Work and Technology purchases
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charitable giving
- Generous holiday entitlement including an extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials