Job Title: Payment Assistance Team Manager
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Location: Nottingham with a need to travel to London offices in Hammersmith one day a week
Liberis is transforming business finance. We use the latest technology to make it simple and flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over £390 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities, yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks and financial services organisations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, with teams based in London, Nottingham, USA and Scandinavia. As we continue to grow we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance and continue to support our partners and customers in the underserved SME market.
We are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing FinTechs in the UK for two years running.
Who are we?
We are the Payment Assistance team. We’re here to help our customers who are having problems with the product or difficulties with making payment, we work to understand their situation and help them get back on track.
There are 5 members currently in the team 3 Executives, 1 Senior Executive and a Team Leader. We are based in Nottingham but there will be a requirement for the successful candidate to work from the London office once a week to engage with their key stakeholders.
Who are you?
You are someone that is excited by the prospect of a challenge, appreciate autonomy and the space to generate your own ideas and are passionate about finance that serves to support small businesses, not just turn a profit. We have a big opportunity to revolutionise how we operate our Collections strategies and we need someone to lead and drive this.
You have at least 5 years’ experience in Collections Management and have a proven track record of identifying opportunities to drive and implement new and innovative Collection strategies. You ensure what is implemented strikes that perfect balance between business risk and ensuring you are treating customers fairly.
You understand what data is telling you and drive decisions and improvements based on that information.
You have a strong understanding of regulatory requirements when operating in a Collections environment.
You have experience of managing stakeholders at Director level and above.
What will you be doing here?
- Ensure we are hitting our write-off budget monthly
- Work closely with the Head of Operations and Risk Director to fully review and re-write our Collection processes and policies
- Lead on Operational strategy trial execution and implementation
- Work with our tech teams to get the Collections journey digitalised
- Support the Head of Operations for the monthly Portfolio Risk Meetings and Credit Risk Committee by providing insight on trends and new initiatives
- Ensure we are delivering all our contractual obligations with our Debt Purchaser in overseeing the process
- Work with the Underwriting team to complete monthly retrospective reviews on the reasons for write off and make recommendations for improvements to upstream processes
- Produce and distribute monthly stakeholder reporting and communications
- Run monthly Team Meetings for the Payment Assistance team to keep them updated with the Collections roadmap
- Manages the Collections supplier service and relationships
- Be the process owner for all collections processes and implement improvements based on Voice of the customer data and incidents
- Support Finance by ensuing the back-book is always fully reconciled and support with the Debt Sale asset test analysis
What can we offer you?
We are committed to creating an open, supportive and flexible work environment that provides our employees access to industry-leading opportunity. We are proud to have been recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women and a centre of Excellence For Wellbeing. We are a values-driven and culturally diverse community and we welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation or background.
We are passionate about empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers and for their own careers. We run a variety of initiatives to support our employees’ development from lunch and learn sessions to peer mentoring and formal training courses.
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework
- Health insurance
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Performance related bonus
- Financial wellbeing initiatives
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycle to Work and Technology purchases
- Season Ticket Loan
- Charitable giving
- Generous holiday entitlement including an extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials
What happens next?
You will be invited to a job fit and behavioural based interview with the Head of Operations and the Risk Director. You will be asked to prepare a short presentation for the interview and will be given details of this when the interview is confirmed to give you plenty of time to prepare.
If you are successful you will be invited to attend a Cultural fit interview with HR as the final stage