Fixed Term Management Accountant Role - 12 months maternity cover
ABOUT HIVE LEARNING
Hive Learning is a global leader in digital learning, helping workforces all over the world build cultures of learning, inclusion and belonging. Our apps, content and activation teams help millions of people get better together every day.
We’re growing fast with our main offices in London and New York. And we are proud to count some of the world’s most impactful and dynamic organisations (and individuals) as our customers, supporters and friends.
Our 50+ clients include the likes of Deloitte, Pepsico, Sky, two of the world’s top business schools and multiple world-leading sports organisations and not-for-profits, and our client base is growing fast.
We have a heritage of high performance - backed by Venture Builder investors, Blenheim Chalcot; founded by Sir Clive Woodward; and guided by an experienced Board including Matthew Syed, acclaimed author and an authority on the science of high performance.
Our multidisciplinary start-up team of 50 people spans in-house web and app development, professional services, content development, commercial, and marketing.
We're based in a vibrant entrepreneurial environment in West London and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our passion for learning and making a difference.
At Hive Learning, we’re proud to have built strong relationships with some of the leading movers, shakers and changemakers in the learning, and diversity and inclusion spaces, doubling our client base year-on-year.
Working directly with CFO, you’ll own and run the day-to-day finance operations for UK and US businesses. The role is for a fixed term of 12 months but with an opportunity to move to a permanent position based on business needs.
The role is very hands-on and has a full range of responsibilities - from running day to day financial operations to assisting with an external fundraiser & investors - which presents a great opportunity for a growth-minded person.
At Hive Learning, we care about the employee wellbeing, and you’ll have the flexibility to work from home or adjust your working hours to accommodate your needs.
We’re looking for an agile, organised, collaborative management accountant, who would support various financial needs of the business. The role will report directly to the CFO and will be responsible for the day-to-day financial operations for UK and US businesses. Key responsibilities include:
- Ownership of daily accounting functions top to bottom for UK & US businesses
- Ownership of the month-end processes, reconciliations and monthly reporting
- Completion of monthly management reporting packs including full consolidation of the P&L and cashflow for the whole group
- Weekly and monthly reporting to the operational management team and the chairman
- Assistance with budgets and forecasts
- Liaising with the audit team in running the year-end audit and preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Liaising with external accountants for US tax quarterly filings and annual tax returns
- Quarterly VAT returns for UK businesses
- Payroll reports & benefits (UK & US)
IMPORTANT: We hire based on aptitude, not experience; if you have some experience in any of the above areas but want to learn more about others, don’t let that put you off applying.
- You’re fully qualified accountant or in your last stages of acquiring your qualification
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in a similar role at in house entity
- You’re a self-starter with a can-do attitude
- You pay strong attention to the tiny details, with laser-sharp organisation and prioritisation skills
- You’re an infinite learner who is curious - you’re always seeking a better way
- You’re a clear communicator with the ability to see things from many perspectives
- You thrive in an autonomous environment, you’re proactive and happy to get stuck in
- You embrace change and a dynamic, fluid and fast-paced environment
- You love collaboration, accept feedback and seek out others’ viewpoints
- You’re looking for a role with room to grow, adapt and flex to your unique areas of expertise
BONUS: You have experience working in a high growth environment.
WE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking, energetic and enthusiastic team with a passion for learning and making a difference
- Opportunities to learn, grow and try something new in a teamwork-focused and encouraging environment designed to help you be your best self
- Continuous opportunities to learn; take part in frequent development events and expert sessions hosted at Blenheim Chalcot, plus connect and be mentored by some of the incredible people that work here in the 30+ other start-ups we share a building with
- Fun activities, nights out, office fruit, beverage fridge stocked with everything from beer and fizz to coconut water and San Pellegrino
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Up to £800 flexible benefits package – you pick a combination from a list including medical insurance, dental cover, gym membership and much more.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Hive Learning an inclusive and supportive workplace.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on characteristics including race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status and chronic illness. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on protected characteristics, Hive Learning also strives to prevent subtler forms of inappropriate behaviour (e.g., bias, stereotyping). Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Hive Learning.
Join our mission. Join Hive Learning.