Job Title: US Business Development Lead
Reporting to: US General Manager
Location: Richmond, VA or Flexible
Liberis is transforming business finance. We use the latest technology to make it simple and flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over $500 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks and financial services organisations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth, with teams based in the UK, US, and Scandinavia. As we continue to grow, we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance and continue to support our partners and customers in the underserved SME market.
Who are we?
We are in the early stages of growing Liberis in the US to disrupt small business financing and champion small businesses throughout the country. There are a handful of us based in Denver, Boston, New York, and Richmond. We funded our first business in March 2019 and have grown steadily since.
Who are you?
You’re a talented Account & Business Development Manager looking for that breakthrough role to accelerate your learning and experience.
You will be a personable, articulate individual who has experience and knowledge of the merchant acquiring and alternative finance space, you will be able to act autonomously to drive incremental business development strategies resulting in partnerships that are core to our business model.
What will you be doing here?
- Existing clients: Contribute to improving business sales by working closely with existing key partner accounts – to help drive incremental sales, resolves issues and challenges, improve long term relationships, and drive efficiencies and results.
- New clients: Work on business strategy by exploring new opportunities, keeping current with market trends and customer expectations. Identify and define new product feasibility / strategies.
- Coordinate partner reporting by collecting, analysing, and summarising business information including; monthly performance against budget, P&L, internal and external dashboards, external monthly reports and analysis
- Understands business efficiency goals and deliver improvement programs to remain relevant with market expectations
New Sales Strategy
- Identify business opportunities by developing partner and affiliate recruitment, and evaluating new targets in the industry
- Determine targets by implementing sales strategies. Accomplish sales objectives by planning, developing sales action plans.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing targets; projecting expected sales volume for existing and new partners
- Maintain sales volume by keeping current with changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Lead tender identification, prioritisation, and application with key partners moving into the finance space
- Sustain rapport with key accounts through effective relationship management.
- Maintain relationships with prospective customers, third parties and affiliates by providing support, information, and guidance throughout the on-going relationship
What can we offer you?
We are committed to creating an open, supportive and flexible work environment that provides our employees access to industry-leading opportunity. We are proud to have been recognised by Great Place to Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace for Women and a Center of Excellence For Wellbeing. We are a values-driven and culturally diverse community and we welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation or background.
We are passionate about empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers and for their own careers. We run a variety of initiatives to support our employees’ development from lunch and learn sessions to peer mentoring and formal training courses.
We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage to employees and their families. Employees will be able to enroll in the group benefit plan upon starting with Liberis and there is no waiting period for coverage.
Liberis employees have the opportunity to participate in a company-sponsored 401K plan. Upon joining the company, full-time employees are eligible to participate and will be automatically enrolled in the plan.
All full-time, office-based employees are eligible to participate in Liberis’ Commuter Benefits through a partnership with third party vendor. Liberis will contribute $125 per month to eligible employees to help off-set parking expenses or mass transit expenses associated with commuting to the office
SalaryFinance helps employees pay-off their debt quicker by reducing the cost of existing personal borrowing. With Salary Finance you have the option to:
- Apply for low-interest loans quickly and confidentially, with repayments collected through payroll deduction • Access budgeting tools and financial resources
We also offer:
- Flexible working
- Life Insurance
- Competitive maternity and paternity leave