Blenheim Chalcot Summer Internship Programme
In today’s world, the question is no longer ‘should I join a start-up?’, but ‘how do I join the right start-up?’.
Considering a career in start-ups but unsure how to even approach this?
Keen to contribute meaningfully to a company’s success and have accountability whilst in an Internship?
Eager to build a network of people within the industry and work with peers of a similar mindset?
If so, this internship scheme will be perfect for you!
Intro to BC
Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We build tech businesses that disrupt and transform sectors.
We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and our infrastructure. Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries covering FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. You may have heard of some of our growing businesses such as ClearScore, SalaryFinance, Instrumental, Hive Learning and the Rajasthan Royals.
The jewel in our crown is our venture builder services team, which exists to support our ventures to be successful more quickly and more sustainably than others, giving them an ‘unfair advantage’ over the competition. It provides a range of services to help new business get off the ground, including technology, HR and talent, sales and marketing, finance, legal and tax.
Our portfolio represents sales of over £300 million, £850 million of assets under management, more than 3,000 employees and a successful track record of over 40 companies. We currently have a portfolio of 20 companies varying in stage from seed to venture to growth, based in our offices across London, Nottingham, New York and Mumbai.
The Internship Programme
Blenheim Chalcot is giving students the opportunity to join one of our amazing teams for an 8-week Internship during the Summer of 2020.
Our BC Interns will work across our 20 ventures, our investment team or our venture builder services, working directly with some influential stakeholders from across our 3,000 strong team.
You will be part of a cohort of Interns that will receive exclusive, tailored training sessions from some of our most experienced members of staff.
We enjoy a smart/casual environment and our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and, most importantly, innovative. Moreover, we offer a competitive compensation package to compensate for your time.
We’re looking for highly talented individuals with a spark to work in a variety of functions including:
- Marketing & Content
- Data Science
In many internship programmes, it can be easy for interns to be seen as a spare part, simply there to observe or assist with menial tasks. But the very nature of the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio means that this internship is quite the opposite.
In a start-up environment, there is no hiding away from getting stuck in. You will gain exposure into how a tech company is built and be supported at a level simply not found in larger, more established firms, whilst taking ownership of work that has a real impact with full transparency on other projects within the venture. Everybody pitches in, no matter your level.
The ideal candidate
We will be looking for candidates coming to the end of their second year of university but are open to other levels of higher education from all disciplines. All we are asking for is that you will:
- Be on track for a 2:1 or higher
- Be available from July 6th for a minimum of 8 weeks
- Have the attitude and approach we need in our business
Are you BC? What We’re Looking For
Regardless of level of experience, here at BC there are a few fundamental values we hold paramount for all team members:
- Curious – people in BC are inquisitive, they want to understand ‘why’ and consider if there is a better approach rather than take on the ‘it’s how we’ve always done it’ perspective. Given our ethos is all about disrupting industries with new methods and products, curiosity is at the heart of what we do.
- ‘Doers’ – surprisingly this isn’t a given in a lot of working environments; we are a community of pro-active self-starters. We will provide full support to our interns but look for people who can use their initiative and drive on a daily basis. Working in an environment where everyone has this trait is incredibly refreshing and we strive to maintain it.
- Flexible Mindset – working in an early-stage environment is ambiguous, diverse and chaotic by definition. Being adaptable and recognising the importance of flexibility to add value in a constantly evolving company is vital for us.
- Passion – you do not need to be a ‘techy’ at heart to work in our environment. What we are looking for though, is people who are passionate about what digital is doing to industries and a thirst to work in a pioneering sector which represents said motive. A passion for doing things new and challenging makes coming into work a whole lot more fun.
- Humble & Sociable – building a tech start-up is never easy. As such, we have a ‘no-ego’ policy and seek out people who bring energy to a team, not drain it. We have a down-to-earth and personable culture, we solve complex problems but don’t take ourselves too seriously and look to have fun whilst doing so.
If you see yourself in this environment and would like to work with similarly minded people, we’d love to hear from you.
How to Apply
If this sounds like something you would love to get stuck into next Summer, fill in the application form below and submit your CV.
If successful, we will then invite you to our incubator in Hammersmith for an assessment day. On the day there will be a variety of group and individual tasks. If you’re successful on the day we will then match you with a company in our portfolio and the internship they have available for you and your interests.
Duration: 8 Weeks
Start date: July 6th
Closing date for applications is the 10th January 2020.